Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alien Z cam lean

Post Thanks / Like

I bent my own cable rod for a firecat and for my onza 3 http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...php?23761-Well
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

On my Hoyt Vantage Elite Plus I use the "CPR System" of ArcTec a Deutch company!!! for the season outside I am going to take up it on my Nemesis!!
    cpr_02.jpgcpr_01.jpg
    Nemesis 2012, Sword Titan, Trophy Taker SS2, Arc Système Xtra 6 tubes, Victory VAP, Easton X7 and True Fire Hurricane Buckle Black Foldback.

Post Thanks / Like

Joel told my friend the cam lean was normal for the hybrix cam and string wear is to be expected Now that Martin is for sale I am wondering about the kind of CS we all are accustomed to. Really kind of a drag as I just bought a new Bengal. I remember to well when Winchester rifles were cheapened after being bought up, thier reputation never did recover after that. We don't buy new bows so we can work on them after just 500 shots

Post Thanks / Like

My friends limbs are delaminating. Sent the bow back to Martin. Iam sure they will replace the limbs but they really need to think about how to reduce camm lean on all their Hybred cams. Wondering about my Onza now. Excuse the grammer and spelling Doc. took a chunk out of my middle finger.

Post Thanks / Like

If you think about it, the Hybrix/Nitro cams we use today do not have a split buss or a yoke to even the load on the limbs. Since the cams mirror each other, it most of the load on one side of the bow, so cam lean is inherent and natural. I don't know how you would fix this other than split bus or yoke, so the best you can do is just watch your servings.

Now, I just replaced my factory strings after 2 years on my Onza, and I am very particular about setup, specs and what not; I had very minimal wear on my servings after thousands of shots. So IMO, if you take the time to make sure that all your specs are right, the cams are timed, and the load is even between the limbs, serving wear should be minimal.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Rabbit, I think the extra riser lenght may exagerate the problem and affect the limbs more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Rabbit, I think the extra riser lenght may exagerate the problem and affect the limbs more.
    Longer riser length should have less cam lean than a shorter riser would, all else being equal.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Friends Alien Z now has less than 50 shots and the bottom limb is doing the same thing as the first set?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some 'out of the box' thinking on cam lean... what causes the split limbs is the twisting of the string being pulled off to one side of the bow, What if you shimed the limbs to conter act that 'sideways' twist? Probably would have to shim under the limb cup, but your limbs would be being drawn straight down/up, rather than twisting. Just wondering, But as I have 1000's of shots thru both Slayers and they are X rigged, so the limbs are bent evenly and still show no signs of splits or cracks, and they are the "old" limbs, pre PowerTuff. As I said, thinking 'outside the box'.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade