Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NY's sweeping new gun legislation... what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Totally screwed....

Just as an example, we can keep our current 10 round mags but can only load them with 7 rounds. That's how rediculous some of the bill is.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andy_camping View Post
    Totally screwed....

Just as an example, we can keep our current 10 round mags but can only load them with 7 rounds. That's how rediculous some of the bill is.
    The real reason for the 7 round limit is that it takes most semi-auto handguns off the market; they can't be sold because 7 round mags aren't even made.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

You only have to look at Chicago. They have some of the most strict gun restrictions and it is basically the homicide capital of our nation. 7 round mags first, then handguns, then pump shotguns. Before long they will try to make anyone having a banned gun a felon, even if it was bought prior to the ban. Then they will confiscate. At that point it will get ugly. I heard Coumo speak about confiscation on the news. Even though they did not pass that in NY this time don't pretend that they won't try it. I find it amazing that states are passing laws to legalize marihuana use, but at the same time are going after law abiding citizens. Keep us high, mellow, and unarmed?

Post Thanks / Like

The thing that apparently NONE of the anti-gun nuts is looking at is one simple fact. CRIMINALS are the ones using guns illegally. It is pretty obvious to me that CRIMINALS don't care much about laws, or they wouldn't be CRIMINALS to start with. The only two things ANY gun law or restriction is ever going to accomplish is this:
    1. Making it impossible for an innocent citizen to defend themselves against criminals and the government.
    2. Turning what would be law abiding citizens INTO criminals when they refuse to lay down their arms.

If it ever hits Kansas, I will proudly be among the second group.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    The thing that apparently NONE of the anti-gun nuts is looking at is one simple fact. CRIMINALS are the ones using guns illegally. It is pretty obvious to me that CRIMINALS don't care much about laws, or they wouldn't be CRIMINALS to start with. The only two things ANY gun law or restriction is ever going to accomplish is this:
    1. Making it impossible for an innocent citizen to defend themselves against criminals and the government.
    2. Turning what would be law abiding citizens INTO criminals when they refuse to lay down their arms.

If it ever hits Kansas, I will proudly be among the second group.
    ^^^See this is also the way I see it!

Even if certain types of guns/ammunition/capacities are restricted, those people that want them, and want to use them for evil, will GET THEM ANYWAYS! And when they do, and they face a law abiding citizen who has followed the bans/restrictions, that criminal will automatically have an advantage with a bigger, better, faster weapon!

I'm not saying that all restrictions should be released, (obviously a normal citizen doesn't need a fully automatic rifle or hand grenades), but at some point, you have to move toward education instead of restrictions, bans, and legal threats....
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, the public is being swayed by intentional techniques where certain words are used that prey on people's emotion so that they don't make decisions based on the facts. If you are interested here are a couple links that help explain what has happened.

http://www.assaultweapon.info/

This guy makes a lot of sense, good video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-36SMjAUCc
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with all of what Uncle Ted says on most things, but on gun control I think that he has it right.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUIXH9DeCRU

This is what I think about when people talk about gun control.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyX6K...yTtfg&index=55

I wish that Hickok45 was the Principal of my kids school.

Post Thanks / Like

You must look beyound the guncontrol, O'BAMA Care, and all the rest of the political cowardness that now flows from GuBeRnMeNt. The American experiment is failing not in a steady decline but expoentualy, as in we are falling off a cliff. It's all planned, nothing is an accident. We are becoming morally bankrupt moment by moment. When the collapse comes it will be sudden and final for free America. If we cannot return to the last sentence in the Declaration of Independence, we are DONE! From my youth I was taught the difference between registration-confiscation is only a day away, that day is very near.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Bob. It's about a lack of character in this country anymore. Granted, there's a few people that still have it, but overall, the people in this country have no character, and no sense of self-responsibility.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Ehunter; It's not just about SELF responsibility, but again that last sentence of the Declaration. Read it again there is no I in that simple pharse, but a sense of truley being "my brother's keeper". I have just a few close friends and to the degree that we stand together as "a band of brothers" we are stronger than any one man standing alone, the main ingredient missing in our culture is TRUST! The President has learned his lesson's well "a house divided cannot stand", today we are more racially, economically, spritually, family divided than anytime since the Cival War.