Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NY's sweeping new gun legislation... what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

In our constitution we were given the right to be armed.

This was not meant so that we could go hunting.

This was not meant so that we could defend our houses and family from an intruder.

This WAS meant so that the citizens could rise up against a corupt government!

Enough said.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

George Washington: "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Here, Here!. Ole Georgy was a Prepper like me!. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    George Washington: "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    In our constitution we were given the right to be armed.

This was not meant so that we could go hunting.

This was not meant so that we could defend our houses and family from an intruder.

This WAS meant so that the citizens could rise up against a corupt government!

Enough said.

Mike
    The Constitution and the Bill Of Rights do not grant us "rights". To the contrary, these doccuments spell out the powers granted to the Federal Government as well as restrictions placed upon it. This is an important fact that every American needs to commit to memory and fully understand. All Government derives it's just powers from the consent of the People, not the other way around.

An individual's rights transcend Government and are pre-ordained by our Creator by virtue of our existence.

To read our governing documents one will understand that these documents are speaking to the "Government" not to the citizen.
    2012 Martin Cougar FC
    2011 Rytera Alien Z
    2001 Martin Cougar 2000
    Martin Nugent Pro Safari

Post Thanks / Like

Gov. Cumo rushed this legislation through in order the gain national popularity, he wanted to be the first to pass new gun laws. This will end up as a huge mistake, he will get lambasted for the lack of transparency and public input. I don't think he has a chance to get into the White House now.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJJ View Post
    Gov. Cumo rushed this legislation through in order the gain national popularity, he wanted to be the first to pass new gun laws. This will end up as a huge mistake, he will get lambasted for the lack of transparency and public input. I don't think he has a chance to get into the White House now.
    If this is a taste of what his legistative tendancies and his leadership style would be like, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all that he doesn't make it to the White House!!!!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

The issue is, it most likely won't stop at the 2nd amendment rights. If the Federal Gov changes and or counters the 2nd amendment by executive ordered and or congress passes changes, "our freedom" will not be the same as we have lived since the Bill of Rights were written. If the current administration can't get "Gun Control agenda" passed by current congress they will wait for mid term elections and campaign to get the party that will make changes elected to congress, they will hope the Senate stays as current. Executive orders (maybe risqué). The people will have the choice. The last election cost most of us about $2500 more in tax's a year per house hold. Plus think about how much in federal spending will go into enforcement at any measure of control, how do you say more taxes? Don't think for a second that NY will not ask for federal help in enforcment. I belevie that a few other states may follow suit with NY. (Just My View)
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Tosi, I would only argue one point of you post. There won't be much money spent on enforcement of any new law. The fed doesn't spend any money enforcing the 20,000+ gun control laws on the books now.

As for Cuomo making the White House? I'd never say it can't be done. All he has to do is use Obama tactics saying "tax the rich and give to the poor" or "more govt handouts to the poor" and he'll carry the vote of most major inner cities just like Obama did.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Bfisher is dead on, Obama is the most liberal senator that we have seen in recent years and he got elected. His policies have done nothing to help us get out of the mess that we are in and somehow he was re-elected. What happened to it's the economy stupid. The Democrats realize that they need to play only to its base and to turn everyone out to vote. The Republicans better wake up, they can't be the party that says "see I told you that Liberalism doesn't work". They need to eradicate Liberalism just like the Democrats are trying to do with Conservatism. They need to take the gloves off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Tosi, I would only argue one point of you post. There won't be much money spent on enforcement of any new law. The fed doesn't spend any money enforcing the 20,000+ gun control laws on the books now.

As for Cuomo making the White House? I'd never say it can't be done. All he has to do is use Obama tactics saying "tax the rich and give to the poor" or "more govt handouts to the poor" and he'll carry the vote of most major inner cities just like Obama did.
    $36 MILLION to implement the new gun controls in the budget Cuomo announced yesterday, not that NY has extra money to spend on anything. Problem is the uninfomed fools that not nothing about guns or how they operate don't understand that the law has no teeth. They assume all "gun control" must be a good thing and it's worth it to "save the children".

NY is like a smaller version of the country, a large part is rural but the majority of the poulation is centered around NYC. A lot of the counties in my area of upstate NY are facing serious budget shortfalls because of State mandates, telling counties what they must provide without providing any funding to do so. Counties have to figure out what to cut, one of the few things they can do to save money is by reducing sheriff patrols.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba