Thread: Cougar FC Hybrix 2.0 Cam Draw Length

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cougar FC Hybrix 2.0 Cam Draw Length

Just setting up my new bow but a little confused. It says it goes down to 25" draw but the tech chart says #1 on the module will set it at 26.5" minimum. I have it on the #1 but curious what length that is.

Post Thanks / Like

The chart I saw says 25.5" min. DL. Hmmmm.... If you can, measure it from the apex of the string to the deepest part of the grip, and add 1.75".

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow splitter is correct that you can just measure, but remember that the draw stop really sets you draw length and the draw module adjusts how much of a letoff or valley that you will have. If you move the draw stop further to the negative you will get a shorter draw. Once you get used to these cams you will realize that they so adjustable and you can set them up to shoot to your shooting style.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.martinarchery.com/2013/past_specs.php

This is the chart I was looking at.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
    Arrow splitter is correct that you can just measure, but remember that the draw stop really sets you draw length and the draw module adjusts how much of a letoff or valley that you will have. If you move the draw stop further to the negative you will get a shorter draw. Once you get used to these cams you will realize that they so adjustable and you can set them up to shoot to your shooting style.
    So I could bottom out the draw stop for minimum draw length but still put the module at 2.5 for 28" and just have a 26 draw but a huge wall?

Post Thanks / Like

Think of it this way. If you have it set for a 28" DL, and just draw until you reach 26", the cams will not have fully rotated, and you'll be holding more of the weight. This is exactly what will happen if you set the draw stop to stop the cams at 26" with the mod set for 28".

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Think of it this way. If you have it set for a 28" DL, and just draw until you reach 26", the cams will not have fully rotated, and you'll be holding more of the weight. This is exactly what will happen if you set the draw stop to stop the cams at 26" with the mod set for 28".

A.S
    That would explain why the guy that set it up said there was no adjusting the let off but the tech from Martin said the bow is 65-80% let off. I called Martin to find out why the specs had variable OBO speeds from 325-345, he said 345 was the 65% left off and 325 was 80%.

I have it set at the far negative on the draw stop to get 26" draw then on the 1 module. Doesn't seem to be much of a wall on it. Good for speed, bad for arm muscles if the deer wants a long stare down!