Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cougar FC Hybrix 2.0 Cam Draw Length

Post Thanks / Like

The 25.5" DL would have been attained with the Nitro 1.5 cams, which are the short draw version of the Nitro 2.0 cams. I'm pretty certain the DL range on the 2.0's is 27.5-30.5 while the 1.5's go 25.5-28.5", and those DL's would be with the stop set for 80% letoff.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

It is useable now, don't think I need twisting, just someone to tweak it to maximize speed but hopefully give a little wall. I have the draw stop at the furthest negative and the module set at 1 which by the chart listed is 26.5". I need to find someone to measure so I can see what the actual DL is. The DL is good but it seems at full draw the wall is very short and just the slightest give and it is trying to pull forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    The 25.5" DL would have been attained with the Nitro 1.5 cams, which are the short draw version of the Nitro 2.0 cams. I'm pretty certain the DL range on the 2.0's is 27.5-30.5 while the 1.5's go 25.5-28.5", and those DL's would be with the stop set for 80% letoff.
    This is what has me confused....the chart posted prior shows 26.5" as the minimum. I have heard 27.5" before as the spec but then another posted they read 25.5" as the minimum. I understand there is a draw stop too but I would think the draw stop would have something to correspond to the module it is set at.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that you are overthinking it. If you want more letoff and want a little more valley just move the stop slightly to the positive. When you do that the drawlength will stretch a little. It really doesn't matter what your actual draw length is as long as you are comfortable and that it works for your shooting style. For me I don't like a deep valley and don't like alot of let off -- it seems to keep me honest and makes the bow faster.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably true. I need to read more on bows and how they work I suppose. To me if minimum DL is 27" then when the cam is set to that module then 27" should be the shortest full draw possible. Simple!

I would think numbers on the stop would make more sense for setting draw length than having multiple charts with different numbers the module is suppose to be at to get a specific draw length.

Post Thanks / Like

Donamese,

You have to think about the stroke of the cams being limited by the draw stop. It doesn't really matter what module setting you set it on for the draw length besides over rotating the cam past the flat. For the draw length that works for me is pretty close to 30.5", when I shoot a Mathews with a 30" module I feel a little cramped. On my Martin bows with the Nitro cams I simply pull the bow back to full draw and get into the anchor, and continue to adjust the stop until I feel like I can use my back muscles to support my bow arm while it is relaxed. When I feel that I have the stop really close, I set the module up or down to get the amount of let off or holding weight that I like. For me I like the bow to pull all the way back into the stop and the bow lets off right at the end, in fact the valley is very small. This way it forces me to pay attention and to immediately use back tension. My son on the other hand likes the feel of a very deep valley and likes having very low holding weight. When I try to shoot his bow it feels like I have to practically push the string forward to get the bow to fire. I like to use back tension with a thumb release when at full draw I get anchored pin the target and transfer weight from my index finger to my ring finger and pow the shot fires with a surprise release. With a huge amount of let off like my son's bow I don't release the shot as well. I love the simplicity and the adjustability of the Nitro cams. If anyone says that they don't like the feel of the draw cycle all you have to do is change the feel. They are a fantastic cam to use as a beginner archer because you can learn, tinker, and fine tune your shooting style without buying $100 modules.