Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 bengal pro question about ccs...

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 bengal pro question about ccs...

i have purchased a 2009 martin ccs and want to install it on my bengal pro but realized the holes dont match up. is there any adapters or anything or a ccs that will fit a bengal pro. i hate the stock slide it just seem very loud to me. anyway i appreciate any answers.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't own a Bengal Pro, but there are a lot of owners here on this forum so they can help you. I will just throw in my opinion, changing the cable rod out to the CCS will not be straight forward. The pictures that I have seen of the Bengal Pro have the rod slide into the riser with a couple of bolts holding it in. The CCS is mounted flush into a slot that is machined into the riser. Also If you managed to install the CCS into the riser you would have to get new cables since it will preload the limbs a lot adding more weight. If you are trying to quite the Bengal down you are in the right place to ask questions. You may be able to add a better cable slide such as a Saunders or add a cable slide stop. I hope you enjoy your Bengal, those are awesome looking bows, and now that all of my bows are Nitro and Hybrix cams I have been thinking about acquiring a single cam. Droppixel will probably jump in here and steer you in the right direction -- if not you could send him a PM everyone here are very helpful. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

yes i have noticed the slot that the cable rod slides into. i am a master precision machinist and have decided i am going to fabricate a solid aluminum block so it fits flush into the slot and will be secured by the two existing bolt holes and then i will drill two new holes into the new piece of aluminum for the ccs to be mounted. this is my idea. i think it will work fine and i dont have to drill holes into my riser so my warranty will not be voided. any more ideas guys?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownitsdown View Post
    yes i have noticed the slot that the cable rod slides into. i am a master precision machinist and have decided i am going to fabricate a solid aluminum block so it fits flush into the slot and will be secured by the two existing bolt holes and then i will drill two new holes into the new piece of aluminum for the ccs to be mounted. this is my idea. i think it will work fine and i dont have to drill holes into my riser so my warranty will not be voided. any more ideas guys?
    That's the way to do it! DIY!!!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could slide one of these into the riser and then you would be able to adjust the limb pre-load by the length of the shaft from the riser.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

i think this might even be a better idea! where can i get one?

Post Thanks / Like

That roller guide is installed on the Mathews bows. If you have a dealer around I am sure that you could get one from them. There are probably other manufactures that use a similar setup. I have thought about messing with one on my Onza, but my current setup works pretty well with the cable slide and cable slide stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, I'll stick with the rod and guide, much simpler and works. Have a Diamond Iceman with the flexguard. If you figure out how to put a rod and guide on it I'll pay you to take the Flexgetinthe wayGuard.

Post Thanks / Like

you dont like your guard?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another spin. Prime makes a couple one that flexes and one that doesn't. The cables are routed through ceramic sleeves that don't have bearing to wear. They are also probably a lot cheaper than the Mathews system. The one that doesn't flex is the called the I-Glide and the one that flexes is called the I-Glide Flex. Here is a link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FLs9...layer_embedded