Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 bengal pro question about ccs...

Post Thanks / Like

Bob,

How is the roller end of the flex guard attached to the flat flexing arm? If the roller end block is bolted on could you just replace the flexing arm with something that doesn't flex and bend it to where you want the guard to be placed for clearance.

Post Thanks / Like

Lab Rat; it's just a miniture bow limb attached to the riser with one screw in the back, the front is set in some guides that keep it from jumping all over. It just has never been the cats meow for me, I have to load arrows with cock vane out whitch puts one vane down, not my favorite setup for a fall away rest. Bow draws like silk but call me old school I just don't like rollers, they belong on skates. Theres been some failures on them starting to pop up and if I could replace it with a rod and guide it would be done. Bow shoots fine, but Blowuptech is the most unfriendly of Archery companies to deal with, you must go through a dealer for anything. Closest dealer is 2 hr. drive. This is where Martins cs has always shined for me. Hope the new owners don't squash that, or I'll be out of business. On fixed income and a 4hr drive for a easily replaced part is not good. One more Martin should see me through my archery career, a nice target bow in 40-50lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownitsdown View Post
    i have purchased a 2009 martin ccs and want to install it on my bengal pro but realized the holes dont match up. is there any adapters or anything or a ccs that will fit a bengal pro. i hate the stock slide it just seem very loud to me. anyway i appreciate any answers.
    Stock slide was the first thing that was changed from my Bengal before any other accessory was installed on the bow. I run a Saunders Hyper Glide and can't say anything bad about it and I'm sure the others that do will say the same. Might take a look at one of those prior to trying to figure out how to machine something for a CCS mount and need to take into consideration that with the CCS it is probably best that your cables be served where they pass through the rollers. Just one more thing to think about.

I do like the idea to being able to change out the rod for others that have rollers like Matthews or the flex like G5, but don't think that is possible really unless they are willing to sell you that part direct - even then it would take some testing I'd think in order make sure they all function properly because they may have their's placed in different locations of the riser which might not match up with how the Martins are centered/etc.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i have decided i am gonna go with the saunders. i like how it looks and the design. that being said the new ccs i have bought is for sale i paid 40 shipped and will sell it for 30 shipped.