Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Guy Here!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Lab Rat thanks for identifying the bow and for the link. My buddy who sold me the bow said that it was a great one to shoot and was very forgiving. I'm looking forward to getting out ASAP to notch a few.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked up the bow from the shop after 2.5 weeks....that felt like for ever.... on a side note, one of the guys at the shop said that the draw length isn't adjustable due to the cams. It's currenty about an inch or so to long so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on or tips on shooting with the longer draw. Ideally i need the draw to be ay 27 inches.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum!
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.

Post Thanks / Like

jermin, you can get modules for those cams that will take the draw length down to 27". If I had a set I'd send them to you, but I checked and I only have 29" and 30" left and the 28" I am using on a bow. They are available though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    jermin, you can get modules for those cams that will take the draw length down to 27". If I had a set I'd send them to you, but I checked and I only have 29" and 30" left and the 28" I am using on a bow. They are available though.
    That is a prime example of the awesome help guys provide on this forum. The martin forum is easily one of the biggest reasons why I keep looking at martins and just bought a rytera. Everybody is friendly and prove to be a great "family". Also.... there is so much experience here that if you come across something, chances are it has been seen before.

Welcome to the forum!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Could he short string the bow or twist the bowstring and untwist the control cables to get at least 1/2" to 3/4"?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys. I will try to find some modules online. The guy from the shop said they are hard to find but I have hope! Any other tips are still welcome. I plan on shooting it for the first time tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

just found this on the archery talk forum:

Twisting cables (shorter) will up poundage and lengthen draw length. Twisting the string (shorter) will lower poundage and shorten draw length. Untwisting either will do the opposite.

anyone here ever try this?

Post Thanks / Like

yes, and it will work for small adjustments. I don't know that you could realistically get more than 1/4 to 1/2" out of it. I'm sure Hutch or someone can verify for me. But also realize this, adjusting the cables has a noticeable effect on the ATA, minimal effect on the draw length; adjusting the shooting string has a noticeable effect on draw length, minimal effect on ATA.

Hope that helps! Good luck
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    welcome to the forum.good to see another person from forest grove.i run the cemetery off thatcher and watercrest and live in forest grove.i know of some good places to shoot and if you need help from a person to person meeting i am glad to do what i can.
    Sounds like Chris may have a new shootin buddy. Welcome to the MTF
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340