Thread: Martin Lynx Magnum with too much pull

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Lynx Magnum with too much pull

I made an admittedly impulse buy of a Martin Lynx Magnum recently, it was the right size and draw length for my daughter and I naively figured I could turn down the draw weight.
    Well it is still way up there in what feels like 60+ and I am afraid of backing the limb screws out too far and hurting her or myself.

Is there any route to either lighten this or find new limbs with a lower weight? Or am I going to be better off just selling it and looking (more carefully) for a bow that is more fitting for her?

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest selling the bow. Then, before you buy again take your daughter to a local proshop and get her measured to see what draw length she should shoot and approximately what draw weight she can handle. Then look for a new or used bow that has adequate adjustments to accomodate her as she grows in the next few years.

There are lots of bows that can be bought for a few hundred dollars that would fit her needs, but the quickest way to discourage her is to have equipment that doesn't fit or she can't adequately handle. Nothing will drive a new shooter from the sport quicker.

Get hands-on help from a local proshop.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver