Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Pantera series 7000?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tear drop to tear drop is 33 1/4"

Thank you bcriner!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shot the Pantera 7000 today! This is a great bow!

I quick tuned the Pantera 7000 series bow today at 55 lbs after adding a wisker bisket, a Limbsaver S coil stabilizer, peep and kisser, and a Cobra 3 pin. This old bow is now putting up 3 inch groups at 40 yards shooting Easton 2117 arrows at 455gr. It has a smooth draw and a pretty solid wall. The Limbsaver did quiet it down pretty good. I'm going to add string puffs when I find a source for them. Anybody know where I can find the old school fuzzy string silencers? I can get new rubber ones from my bow shop, he dosen't have the fuzzy ones.

Any suggestions on new string lenght bcriner. I posted some additional pics for you. Have you ever owned one of these? I'm wondering how fast the arrow might be going...

Thanx all, 56

Post Thanks / Like

Older bow with that heavy of an arrow? I would venture a guess at something between 200 and 220 fps. Don't fret about speed. I was shooting older ones than that and killing deer with arrows doing around 190 to 200 fps. That was back in the day before bows even had an IBO rating and 200 was blistering. Most times got pass throughs with well placed shots. Got my share of spine shots, too, which anchored them on the spot.

Have fun.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver