Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Permit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Concealed Carry Permit

Just figured I'd throw it out there, I went down to my local police station today and applied for my concealed pistol permit (thats what they call it in Washington State, not weapons permit).

I was surprised at how easy it was! I guess I was expecting a bunch of slack about the whys and wheres and reasons I wanted one. Instead it was a quick short form application, some finger prints and $56 to cover the license and laminating. The whole process took less than 30 minutes!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Yup!. Simple for sure. Our county has the highest permits issued in the entire state. took about 2 weeks for the permit to arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

Arizona is a state that you can conceal without a permit. I still have a permit. Wild wild west.... especial in Northern Az.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

In Wisconsin it takes a bit longer. Just have to mail in the $50.00 along with a copy of your Hunter's Safety Certificate, Military proof, or some sort of gun safety certificate and the form for concealed carry and it takes about a month. It's good for 5 years.

Whether you plan to carry or not a person should at least exercise the right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    Whether you plan to carry or not a person should at least exercise the right.
    EXACTLY!!! The more people that exercise this right just adds more people to show the Government how we feel about our Second Amendment rights!
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Post Thanks / Like

Expecting to have to jump through hoops in order to get mine in IL once they get the law crafted. Have a feeling it isn't going to be an easy process by any stretch of the imagination, but I plan to do it regardless. They have until June to get the law written.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I should be getting mine this week. Had it renewed after a 4 year lapse, which will never happen again. Our liberal, commie, muslim president has lit a fire under a lot of law abiding citizens. I think the last I read the other day permit requests are 8X their normal for almost all months since the election according to the FBI.
    Last edited by bfisher; 01-27-2013 at 08:57 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

It's getting ridiculous around here to get amo even. Every place is sold out of .380, .32 and even .22 amo. They were telling me as soon as they stock the shelves it's gone. I asked when they planned on getting more. Now I'm going to have to start stock piling amo whenever I find it.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

This info I just got today. The FBI got 2.8 MILLION requests for back ground checks in the month of December.

As Mike put it, ammo is being bought almost by the truckloads. Stores can't get enough nor keep it on the shelves for the more popular calibers. People are organizing in state capitols all over the country in protest. This stupid domestic terrorist we call a president may end up being the best thing that ever happened to the gun industry in this country.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I heard that the FBI has had an increase of 8x the normal amount of concealed permit requests...

And then he (Obama) is calling for a the help of State and County Sherrifs across the nation, including a meeting they've all been invited to... all except one County Sherrif from I don't remember where that has gone on record as telling his citizens not to depend on 911, but to arm themselves because no matter how fast the police can get to them, it may not be fast enough.

If Obama wanted to stir the pot, I think he poked a hornet's nest instead! LOL