Thread: Arrow spine help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arrow spine help

So i've had my Saber takedown bow for a couple of weeks now and am so far loving it. Today i decided to have a go at tuning the bow to get the arrow flying perfectly so i stripped the plastic fletchings of one of my cheap 30" armex arrows and had a go at bare shafting. I bought these arrows before i knew you had to buy specific arrows for certin bows and poundages.

Anyway, i think the spine is to heavy for my bow so i want to buy the correct arrows for my bow. Has anybody got any suggestions for what arrow to use? My Saber is 40# but i'm not sure what weight i'm pulling in at. Probably around 28". I've had a go at Eastons spine calculator but i was confused about the point weight?

Any help would be great.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey TP, try this! I am sure some others will pipe in.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/spinecalculator.asp

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

The bow's draw weight is calculated at a 28" draw so if you're actually drawing 28" then it's 40# or close to it. Add or subtract 2# for each inch difference that you are drawing from 28". 2# less for 27". 2# more for 29".

If using a carbon arrow with a 100 gr point the Easton chart calls for a 500 spine.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Hey TP, try this! I am sure some others will pipe in.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/spinecalculator.asp

Hutch
    Thanks for that link Hutch, that there is an in depth calculator! Unfortunatly though, the Saber is not listed though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    The bow's draw weight is calculated at a 28" draw so if you're actually drawing 28" then it's 40# or close to it. Add or subtract 2# for each inch difference that you are drawing from 28". 2# less for 27". 2# more for 29".

If using a carbon arrow with a 100 gr point the Easton chart calls for a 500 spine.
    Thanks for the reply bfisher, i will have to try and get an accurate measure on my draw tommorrow.

Yeah, but the gr of the point is where i am getting the most confusion. What does a higher or lower gr point indicate? And what gr would be a good start? I'm only shooting targets.