Thread: My first CUTCO Knife.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My first CUTCO Knife.

I've always read good reviews on CUTCO knives. My friend has the whole Kitchen knife set...they can get pricey. They are made in New York and carry a FOREVER performance, FOREVER Sharpness and a FOREVER replacement service agreement. My young Nephew just became a rep and of course he hit me up to sell some. At first I told him that I can't afford those knives. LOL. He told me to take a look at the Hunting and fishing knives as the prices are very reasonable and they are backed by a great guarantee. I ended up buying the Drop point knifew with the Orange handle. I always lost a knife in the dark while gutting one year. The knife was 81 bucks shipped. I'm gonna buy the smaller loc kback knife next month. I do wish they carried the Leather sheath for lefties. Maybe I'll see if I can find some to copy the shealth and make one for left handed.

If you buy over 50 bucks and or want to buy more than one knife they will let you split the payments up too.

Made in America
    Blade material440A High-Carbon, Stainless Steel
    Handle materialKraton®
    Blade length4-1/2"
    Overall length9-1/4"
    Weight5 oz. (141g)

Last edited by Double S; 01-26-2013 at 12:15 PM.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking knife! as for lefties I understand that well! You certainly are not going to loose it.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking knives. My soon to be son in law has a kitchen set, he likes his. He said that they hold their edge well. I don't know about the hunting knives, but he said he could not sharpen his kitchen set at home. He did say that Cutco will sharpen them for free when/if they need it.

Post Thanks / Like

My nephew was also selling those not too long ago, and I saw the new hunting and fishing knives in the catalog. When you've gotten the opportunity to use it on an animal or two, you should post up and tell us how it did!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I sure will post up a review when I get to use it. It's gonna be awhile till i can use it on some fresh downed critters. My neighbor and I will be getting ready to do a lot of sausage in a week or two. I have some 20 pound chunks of venison that we still need to trim for Jerky. So I'm gonna see how the knife feels and how it cuts and how long it keeps sharp.

Post Thanks / Like

i have almost the same knife.had it about 2 1/2 years and i have not even had to put a new edge on it.my buddy used it on is deer 2 years ago and it just ziped through it.very nice knife.i got mine for free.i worked a girl for community service and she worked well so i gave her ez jobs to do and to show her thanks she mailed me a new cutco knife for hunting.

Post Thanks / Like

Good knife!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Son of a gun this knife is sharp!. I used it the other day to cut up some half frozen venison. Last night I used it to cut open some 25 pound bags and Mylar bags for my Prepping long term storage. This knife zipped through bags like a razor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    Son of a gun this knife is sharp!. I used it the other day to cut up some half frozen venison. Last night I used it to cut open some 25 pound bags and Mylar bags for my Prepping long term storage. This knife zipped through bags like a razor.
    wait till you use it in the field.and it stays sharp for long after.i have not put a new edge on mine and its still as sharp as day 1