Thread: martin phatoms X4

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default martin phatoms X4

hi martin, i'm new to site here and intresting into trying out shot a martin bows, well we just got new martin dealer in our town already, i stop in last night to take a look at many different bows and there was a 2013 martin phatoms x4 which look great and a dealer told me trying pull a draw of this bow and i draw it in full and it wasnt smooth all the way and it clank and noise in slow pull draw and we look at it and dont find any wrong so i told dealer tryin pull draw fast and i trying it in slow and fast draw thebow and the fast draw make it more quiet than slow draw in full and the 80%let off make me try to pull more harder than i used with y quest bow
    still afreaid to bought a martin bow but it could be cable issue or just draw noise ? so anyone who have phatoms x4 please let me know how do it solve or just fix up but i dont want to waste worth the money if i go ahead and buy a noise bow otherwise dealer told me that prowler is on the way to his shop and i think i want to wait til see how prowler feel when draw the bow

help me
    thank josh

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it probably isn't set up properly. The Phantom is running the Fury XT cam which in my opinion is smooth drawing and rather silent. What is your normal draw length and draw weight??
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to agree with Droppixel on this one; the bow must not have been set up properly. Almost sounds like the draw module or something was loose. Also, it does go UP TO 80% let off, but that is set by the position of the draw stop, and is adjustable. I'd give it another shot, and the Prowler is also a sweet bow; it'll have the same cam setup as the Phantom.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i has no idea if this new dealer is good dealer or not, he is a new dealer and just open few week ago and i plan to get 30 DL and 70 lb draw, but i wa pull the bow in dealer but where can i look at set up properly, but plan to bought if this dealer can set up right properly

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

and i forget one more things, in catalog show speed on phatoms is 325 fps and in the website show phatoms speed 315 fps so which one speed do phatoms got ?

Post Thanks / Like

For 30" you are going to want to make sure the module is on the 3.5 or 4 setting, leaning towards the 3.5 or even 3 - it is longer ATA than mine I'm 30" in #4 so I'm comparing to the spec sheet of the Cougar/Silencer that measured 32.25". And that it is tight. You are going to hear noise if that or the draw stop aren't snugged up. I'd start with the draw stop in about the middle of the channel for the + / - ... From there I would make fine adjustments either way to make it fit you better. The + = more let off and opposite for -

What would be ideal is if he has a draw board in the shot to set it up there and draw it back to 30" and set the module/stop appropriately that way. Obviously not changing the module while at full draw.

Going to want to watch for over rotating the cam with the stop setting. If you want more let off, set the module half a tick lower and adjust for longer draw with the stop. I'll try to get some pictures of how mine is set up currently that maybe you can take in and use those for reference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshclark View Post
    and i forget one more things, in catalog show speed on phatoms is 325 fps and in the website show phatoms speed 315 fps so which one speed do phatoms got ?
    Expect a 315-320 baseline to work off of. Don't let speed fool you out of buying a bow or be the reason you do buy a bow. There is more to it than just speed. And you won't be seeing those actual speeds anyhow after you get everything set up and shooting.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

thank guy, i'l have to go back bow shop over the weekend and take a look at cam and do some test before i bought, want to get them set and be a ultra smooth, silent phantoms , u can inbox me pictures of cam set what u just say

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

im plan on go over to bow shop after work today this evening and take a look at cam again and cable slide on phatoms x4, and hope able to bought after this dealer can set up, hope can get solve the noise and crappy slide cable and put dloop on to get mine length in right place, before i buy it, i expect to order AAE DOA drapaway rest and a HHA single pin sight on x4