Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Nemises making loud ting noise after arrow is released

Post Thanks / Like

I did! Come to find out it was the spring stop screw! It is to long so it scrapes modular on release! So I modified it by rounding and flaten the end true my belt sand and work flawlessly!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ks_coh View Post
    Have you checked to make sure your modules screws are tight? They can make the same ting sound if not tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie73 View Post
    I did! Come to find out it was the spring stop screw! It is to long so it scrapes modular on release! So I modified it by rounding and flaten the end true my belt sand and work flawlessly!
    Glad that you found the source of that ting.
    And I'm also happy to extend my welcome to the forum to you both, glad that you joined us here.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

wow sorry bud.i 100% spaced finding a posting up the pics i said i would.glad you got it all fixed up.

Post Thanks / Like

i was having the same problem , this has been awhile , it was driving me nuts . i sent it to martin i thought it had a cracked limb they set it back said it was alwright and it was but still had the same ping. i just kept shooting
    the bow. one day i let my grandson shoot it so i could listen to it, wasn't as bad as when i shoot it but was still there. took it to my martin dealer and shop, the man has been shooting martins for about 50 years. he and another long time martin shooter both listened they both said it sounded like my quad arrow rest . i think it is the cam but not a 100% sure about that. would like to put a wisker bisquite on the bow & see if it is the rest don't have one. i also have another nemesis a 2011 the other is a 2010 . the 2011 has just a slight ping not enough to worrt about. and the 2010 seems to be getting quiter. to good of shooting bows to get rid of for a little ping .
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,