Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Alien Specs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    If you don't know how to post a pic, I'm guessing that you also don't know how to resize them, and it is better to resize a pic first, so I'll cover that quickly. Take photo ( LOL ), on your computer open your desired pic in Paint; click Image, click Strech/Skew, and a drop down box appears with two smaller boxes inside labled Strech and Skew, the horizontal box will be flashing (in blue ) 100 % in the Strech box. Just enter another value ( I use 30% because of the size of photo I have my camera set to ) click tab and enter the same number, click OK, then save as what ever name you want ( I save mine in My Pictures ) Now that you're resized, you can now post the pic. This part is easy, so Save this link

http://www.imagelinky.com/

Click imagelinky, browse for you pic, select it and click upload. When its uploaded 3 text bars will appear, I usually use the forum link, highlight it ( left click and drag the cursor across the text ), and copy. Return to where you want to post your pic, say whatever you want and hit enter ( to give your self some room ) and paste in you link, now click post
    Thanks for the great instructions! I will give it try this evening...hopefully I can get it to work!

Dean

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanRM View Post
    Here it is:

How does the grip compare to the 2011/2012 with the Saddleback as far as "thickness" is concerned? Meaning is it a slimmer profile than the original Rytera?
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it! can I borrow it? Nice choice!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

My other Rytera's have the straight grip.

I have a 2011 Martin Onza 3 and a 2012 Martin Pantera.

Here are the dimensions (width is measured looking from behind the bow, thickness is measured looking at the side of the bow):

2013 Alien: W=0.815" T=1.195" (leather on both sides)

2012 Pantera: W=0.815" T=1.165" (leather on one side)

2011 Onza 3: W=0.800" T=1.160" (leather on one side)

My guess is that the Onza 3 has a slimmer grip as the bridged riser gives the bow added ridgidity and the mass is not needed in the grip area.

Hope this helps!
    Dean

Post Thanks / Like

The bow draws smoother than my Alien-X's or Alien-Z's. It seems like it is the limbs that are contributing to the smoother draw, along with the bearings in the cams.

The bow is more compact as the twin limbs (11") are 2" shorter than Martin's single limb (13") design. This allows the riser to be designed with less deflex and still have a 7" brace height.

Post Thanks / Like

That helps, if the grip is matching up with the Pantera - then it most likely matches the Bengal which I have. The grip on the Rytera was something I didn't fully like after I got my hands on the Bengal. Excited to see more of these and hear what people thing about them. I really want to get another bow, but will have to wait it out a while I think.
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I am not fully on-board with the Saddleback grip yet. I love my Alien-X's and Alien-Z's and the way they feel. It is probably because I am so used to shooting that grip. With the Saddleback, it feels like my hand is getting forced up and into the arrow shelf.

Like I said, it is probably something that I have to get used to.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bow, congrats! It is the bow I think I want next.... It'll have to wait though

I myself prefer the saddleback over the older Martin/Rytera grips. I think it is less torky and allows for a more natural hold.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Did you ever get the specs? I know we got off topic here. I don't know how different the geometry has on these but JRH60 (on AT) or Archerx7 (Jim - same guy) is an Alien guru imo and would probably have that for you. Otherwise a call to Joel is your best bet.
    REAL AVID Field Staff