Thread: already bought a martin bow

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default already bought a martin bow

i already bought a martin now it is 2013 phatoms x4 and we set up properly it was smooth draw now mine set at 70 draw weight and 30 draw length so now i'm go to get a new arrow rest what do you think of qad ultrarest hd and he not recommend me shot 29 inch arrow on this arrow rest so he say recommend a head to be out of shelf of riserso i havent shoot a long arrow over 30 inch so anyone trying that ?

Post Thanks / Like

The QAD Ultra is an awesome rest. I also have a 30" draw but shoot 29.5" arrows.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

The quad rest is a good rest if i was going to buy a new rest I would be looking at the smack down rest as for your arrow I shoot a 29" draw with a 27'' arrow with the tip a half inch pass the end of the rest
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard good things about the Quad HD rest, never tried one though. Also, the length of your arrows can be determined by many things, such as personal preference, spine tuning, where your rest sits, weight, and what kind of tip you'll use (field tip, broad head, etc.) A good place to start is an arrow within the proper spine range and cut as long or longer than your draw length.

Oh and PICS!!!!! Congrats on the new bow!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

the point I'm going use 100 gr with heavy arrow but I've not decide til i got my bow complete set up with rest, sight, and stabilizer then will see what arrow i need to get but easton bloodline "factory crested" is nice cos i used to put quickfletch or glue fletch and get tired t replecea crested wrap or roll wrap either, so im interesting in bloodline but dont know thier chart just yet

Post Thanks / Like

The longest your arrow really needs to be is about .5-1" past the rest. No reason to have it clear out past the riser. Nothing wrong with a QAD as long as it is set up properly so that it falls correctly with the timing of the cables. I personally am a fan of the NAP Apache because they are almost fool proof and easy to set up. However, I'm currently shooting Limbdrivers which are just as easy if not easier to set up in my opinion.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff