Thread: Martin mystic pulls to the left when shot

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin mystic pulls to the left when shot

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a problem I am having. I have a Martin Mystic 2008 furious x system that is set 47 pounds. When I shoot 18 meter targets after I release I feel the bow pull to the left. I am working with coach and he has video taped me with a high speed camera and confirmed sometimes when I shoot the bow pulls to the left causing me to miss bull-eye by 1 inch. Currently bow is setup with 5 cable system and I am using a release. So far my coach thinks bow might not be sitting properly in hand, but I am not sure.

I am looking for advice to see if there might be a technical issue with my bow e.g. strings. If there is something else I should consider please let me know.

Thanks,

Andre

Post Thanks / Like

Draw length to long?
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

What Wilt said. Also, assuming it's inconsistent I'd have to say bow hand position. If it were something mechanical with the bow I'd suspect it do it on every shot. It almost has to be something inconsistent with your form.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I double check draw length with coach and that is not the issue. So I guess it must the hand placement. Currently I have nothing where I place my hand to hold on to bow (except bow sling). One of my coaches suggested I wrap it with tennis handle tape or get a rubber grip. Can anyone suggest one for Martin Mystic?

Thanks

Andre

Post Thanks / Like

If you're not hunting with the bow then shoot right off the riser. I assume you have side plates right now which is good. Any type of rubber grip or grip tape will make the possibility of torque greater. How many coaches do you have anyhow? What about stabilizer(s). What are you using and how long is it. The Phantom is a relatively light bow so some added mass weight might also help.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing to think about is rest placement on your bow right above the deepest part of your grip is most ideal any farther out or closer towards the string any torque will be slightly amplified so any person with grip issues should watch rest placement.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)