Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting the Martin Threshold but still a little undecided.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking of getting the Martin Threshold but still a little undecided.

I've been a trad shooter for over 3 years now and I've been thinking of grabbing a compound bow but I wanted one that wouldn't break the bank and the Threshold is right on the mark, I've read a lot about it but it seems that the bow had some problems back in 2010 and 11, regarding cams going beyond stopping point and cams leaning towards the right or something like that. Anyway I just want to know if anyone had ordered a threshold no later than 2012? if so did any of these or other problems arise? and lastly, this bow is made in the USA right? I've seen post saying it was Taiwanese or Taiwanese riser but american limbs and cam. According to some posts it's a rebranded compound bow from Poelang archery in Taiwan, here's the bow http://www.archerymarker.com/eng/pro...cid=58&pid=178 the resemblance is quite striking and yes I got a bias for made in the USA

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered one for my nephew. It came in a martin box. Not sure about all of your other questions. It was a breeze to set up. He even shot a doe w/ it set on 36#. The arrow passed through. Hope that helps. Gotta love the price.
    Last edited by typically8; 02-05-2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

After seeing and handling the Threshold firsthand, I would suggest you search CL for a used Martin. They're just as cheap and the performance is a bit better, IMO.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2010 martin cheetah that I am going to be getting rid of when my new bow arrives..... it has red/black vapor trail strings.... also has a qad hunter arrow rest and extreme 4 pin sight. Has a martin sts and a red 3/16" meta peep. The limbs 2011 powertough limbs with red limb saver buttons on it. I have about $750 invested in this bow and would like $300 with all the parts included. I am going to take it to my local shop to see if they'll give me anything for it.... but I think it's a much better bow than the threshold for you..... it has an aluminum f7 module in it....so if you needs less draw length, you will have to request mods from Martin
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

I would go to craigslist and find the cheapest Martin bow that you can find, then trade it in for a close out 2012 directly from Martin Archery. They will give you $150 for that yard sale bow that you find for $25. Then upgrade a little to get into the faster, better Martins. Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guys, yeah getting a second hand is good but I want one that I know has no major faults in it and frankly I don't trust ebay or craig's list at least for second hand items. Anyone here know of a website that sells second hand compound bows already inspected for major faults or rather the absence thereof.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Check the classifieds on here and AT. You can get some great deals. Look into PizzaDaves offer(post #4). The Cheetah is a sweet little bow. Very fun to shoot and accurate. If I had the funds it would be mine soon,lol. I've got an '08 Bengal that I'm not to attached to yet....
    Last edited by HawgEnvy; 02-11-2013 at 06:30 AM.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the kmarcheryhut.com they have some really good deals right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
    Check out the kmarcheryhut.com they have some really good deals right now.
    I bought my setup from kmarchery hut through ebay,have to say I'm very pleased.got a 2012 pantera magnum for what you would end up paying for a threshold somewhere else.they are good to deal with!
    2012 Pantera Magnum 70#
    Oneida Strike Eagle 60-80#

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for pushing my cheetah lol. It really is a great little shooter. Fast, smooth and ready to shoot as it sits. It has a good sight, good arrow rest, meta peep, limb saver buttons, factory sts. Its got pretty much everything you would want..... and it is like new. The vapor trail strings have probably 400 shots on them.... the bow in total has less than 1000 shots. It has new power tough limbs, and I did find all my draw modules, but a metal f7 mod is included. Shoot me a price! I'd love $300, mostly cuz the parts on the bow are so costly. I think I still have the 4 arrow quiver that came with the bow as well.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide