Thread: factory crested or wrap crested

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default factory crested or wrap crested

what do you like abot crested ? well for me im about quit do my own wrap crested on arrow, so there a nice easton bloodline i see on easton archery website, and there are few arrow that has ready crested without have to put a wrap or gain a weight on each time you can wrap ur own, i think i like idea of factory crested ready i hope other arrow co will do the samethings with options of colors and arrows

Sonny Thomas

Default factory crested or wrap crested

First off, I was against wraps when I first laid eyes on them. Not so much the wraps, but additional cost. Now, I didn't worry about my cost, because I worked at the shop and either got stuff free or at employee discount. BUT! Archers are real cry babies when it comes to cost. For me, the possibility of effecting FOC. I run FOC on the lighter side.
    And then customers that bought them quickly found the additional cost was the pits compared to anything they got out of wraps. So $12 to $17 plus tax. And those that first returned found the wrap had to be removed to re-fletch. Customers with only 2 or 3 arrows wanting re-fletched? Yep, you want 2 or 3 wraps, then chuck up $12 to $17 plus tax. Small shop, I ain't busting a package and have them laying around because the next customer wants a full package. Boss made that mistake 3 years ago and the the broken packages are still on the wall. Of course, we picked up a hair dryer to make removing wraps easier and it's now collecting dust.

I saw the factory crested arrows and now wonder; And how's the crest going hold up for re-fletching? Sure, customer drops off arrows and comes back to find the cresting scrapped off or wiped smired from alcohol or dulled badly and I get chewed out, if not beat about the head and shoulders. I'll wait to see what comes of this.

My tastes ran for cresting on wood arrows. But then, I had all I needed to hand crest my arrows. Shooting as I did when in my teens I soon got tired of cresting, especially when I took all the loving care to crest and lose a arrows. And then "3D balloons," rabbits and squirrels didn't care that I shot them with a pretty arrow.

So I started shooting competitively. 3D wasn't so bad, nor was Indoor target or Outdoor target. And then I shot Field. My first State Field Champion event I went through 14 arrows, punctured vanes and split nocks and a couple cracked arrows. My second State Championship took me for 21 arrows. Vanes warped from passing through cardboard backed target (bad bales) and punctured by other arrows, cracked ends...I had to rob 2 chewed up arrows to give me 4 to finish... Glad I didn't have wraps or maybe loving crested arrows.

Okay, just me rattling off. If you like wraps and cresting I wish you well....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    First off, I was against wraps when I first laid eyes on them. Not so much the wraps, but additional cost. Now, I didn't worry about my cost, because I worked at the shop and either got stuff free or at employee discount. BUT! Archers are real cry babies when it comes to cost. For me, the possibility of effecting FOC. I run FOC on the lighter side.
    And then customers that bought them quickly found the additional cost was the pits compared to anything they got out of wraps. So $12 to $17 plus tax. And those that first returned found the wrap had to be removed to re-fletch. Customers with only 2 or 3 arrows wanting re-fletched? Yep, you want 2 or 3 wraps, then chuck up $12 to $17 plus tax. Small shop, I ain't busting a package and have them laying around because the next customer wants a full package. Boss made that mistake 3 years ago and the the broken packages are still on the wall. Of course, we picked up a hair dryer to make removing wraps easier and it's now collecting dust.

I saw the factory crested arrows and now wonder; And how's the crest going hold up for re-fletching? Sure, customer drops off arrows and comes back to find the cresting scrapped off or wiped smired from alcohol or dulled badly and I get chewed out, if not beat about the head and shoulders. I'll wait to see what comes of this.

My tastes ran for cresting on wood arrows. But then, I had all I needed to hand crest my arrows. Shooting as I did when in my teens I soon got tired of cresting, especially when I took all the loving care to crest and lose a arrows. And then "3D balloons," rabbits and squirrels didn't care that I shot them with a pretty arrow.

So I started shooting competitively. 3D wasn't so bad, nor was Indoor target or Outdoor target. And then I shot Field. My first State Field Champion event I went through 14 arrows, punctured vanes and split nocks and a couple cracked arrows. My second State Championship took me for 21 arrows. Vanes warped from passing through cardboard backed target (bad bales) and punctured by other arrows, cracked ends...I had to rob 2 chewed up arrows to give me 4 to finish... Glad I didn't have wraps or maybe loving crested arrows.

Okay, just me rattling off. If you like wraps and cresting I wish you well....
    +1.

I'm kinda anal about straightness, length, and how the fletching is applied - but - dont really care what they look like.
    Hay bales dont care, Foam dont care, Critters dont care...
    Back when Martin first introduced arrow wraps (they was the first) I bought a bunch of Easton Autumn Orange arrows and put Martins reflective white wraps on them
    with brite Blue 5" feathers, thinking I would be able to see them in flight so much better and also always be able to find them.
    Well, I lost just as many of those arrows as I did my camo ones with black feathers.
    And when I needed to refletch one - I had to scrape off the fletching and the wrap to redo them.
    So now - - I dont use any of that fancy stuff. I just cut my arrows to the length I need, square them off, and anally fletch them with whatever color fletching I have on hand.
    Alot of my practice arrows have no labels or marking on the arrows at all, and three (or four) different colored vanes...

- - - if yer bow doesn't have any clearance issues, is tuned right, and your using a drop-away that works right, there doesn't need to be a cock vane anywho ---

Post Thanks / Like

I use wraps. 7'' cut in half, my vanes are 3''. I use orange, yellow, and yes HOT PINK. My arrows are camo, so it helps seeing them.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

I use 3" wrap above the fletching so I don't have to replace them each time I mess a vane up. I use personalized one now and glade I do. A few years ago I shot a nice 5X5 in the Prescott area, I waited about 30 minutes and started the blood trail track. The big buck went about 300 yards or so with a nice blood trail. I could tell that he was pushed a little as he lay down and moved a few times. I found another hunter over the deer and after a heated exchanged of words my arrows was under the deer. The hunter backed off. I also like them for 3D shoots so you can see the arrow. I use Neon Fusion vane with them and they are bright.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator