Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel like its Christmas. My Alien Nemesis showed up today. Got a couple questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I feel like its Christmas. My Alien Nemesis showed up today. Got a couple questions.

The UPS santa droped off my Nemesis today. This bow is sweet. Way better in person, that in pics. Wife even said, wow that's a neat looking bow. I really like the way this bow feels and cant wait to dress it up and take it out for a shoot.
    I am a little surprised the way it was shipped though. It was in the box, still in sealed plastic bag. And a manual was in the box also. That's it "no packing" The bow just slapped around in the box, and there was a couple of golf ball sized holes poked through the box. I am pretty sure it was shipped from Martin, because the tracking info started out in Walla Walla WA. Bow seems to be ok, just surprised there was no packing in with it to keep it safe.
    Now for a couple of questions. I have seen post on here talking about identifying what limb are on a bow. But the markings talked about don't match mine. Can someone tell me what 3L 11/12 stands for? And are these good limbs? Also I am wondering how to decode my bow # it is 1234580.
    Thank you for the help

Post Thanks / Like

The 3L stands for 3 Light. They make light, medium, and heavy limbs. The 11/12 is for model years 2011 and 2012. That means Powertough limbs. Good limbs. The first two numbers of the bow or serial number are the year of production. That said, alot of bows are made the previous year before they actually "come out" to the retail market. Both my Onzas are marked as 2010, but the Onza didn't come out in this configuration until 2011. They were just assembled in 2010 for sale in 2011.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

First off, Welcome to the forum, and to the Martin family! Congrats on the new bow! Is it a 2012 or 2013 model? Don't forget to post pics, nobody will believe you got a new bow until you do .

As for the numbering on the limbs, they always confuse me, I know the L stands for low, M medium, H high, and has to do with the deflection of the limbs and that those limbs were needed to make your bow/cam/string combo reach the poundage specified for the model you purchased.

The serial number is another matter, I know the first two gives you the manufactured year, so the bow was manufactured in 2012. If you have a 2013 model, don't worry its still a 2013 model, but the manufacture run started at the end of 2012 to have bows available in January and February.

As for all the other technical stuff, I'm sure others will pop in here to note what I missed and correct my mistakes, listen to them as theres some pretty smart fellows (and gals) that frequent our little sight.

Congrats, good luck and great shooting!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

What weight did you get? The 3L is the deflection - can get complicated to explain - but basically there are L / M / H

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    L, M, H. Low, Medium, High. There's about 2# difference between them. If 5M limbs yield 70# then 5L would be right about 67 or 68#, but being as most bows go over the max by a pound or two then 5L might just give you 70# anyway. If it doesn't then it's simply a matter of adding a few twists to the cable(s) to bring that weight up to snuff.
    So if you are a 70# bow - looking at the example above your peak weight will be around 67-68# 3L could also be 70# and then the M would be 72# and H 74# If you are under 70# and need to get to 70# exactly you'll have to put some twists in the cables to bring the pounds up a little. The 11/12 I'm pretty sure that is part of the model year or the run they were in. The 2011/2012 and now 2013s all have the Power Tuff limbs, nothing fancy to worry about or get hung up there.

For the bow number first 2 digits are the model year or the year the bow was built - so you have a 2012 - the rest are just identification. The shipping/packing is pretty standard. The boxes are design to withstand normal shipping procedures (don't try to tell USPS that, scummy bastiches ... besides the point) and the sealed bag and manual inside also normal.
    Last edited by droppixel; 02-05-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks the for the info! Is it correct to have "light limbs " on a 70# bow? or is something wrong.
    So from the 11/12 it could be a 2011 or 2012, correct.
    Another thing I noticed while admiring it, is that one side of the cams run really close to the riser. Is this normal?
    I cant wait to get it all set up and tuned. Any suggestions on what accessories fit well and compliment this bow?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

It's not unusual to have L limbs on a 70#'er. Different riser configurations require different deflection limbs. My money would be on that you have a 2012 bow. As far as accessories, I'll leave that to the guys that have a Nemesis. They'll know better than me what looks and fits best. As far as the cams running close to the limbs, that's very common as well. I have a couple bows that one side of the cams nearly touch the limbs, but they do clear it.
    Last edited by Ehunter; 02-05-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    BSD strings and cables

Post Thanks / Like

This must be a 2012 model. bonus! Cuz I bought it under the impression I was getting a 2011. But I guess its just a number because the two years are supposedly the same. I wanted to get one of these while I could, I really dig the riser design.
    Don't the power tuff limbs have a "p" in them?

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently not all of them do. I have a bow with Powertough limbs that doesn't have the "P" designation. And as for the "L" previously mentioned, my 70# Onza is a 5LP, but the 60# Onza I have is a 3H. No P on that one, but they are the same model year, 2011. Same limb design too, so I know it's a PT limb.
    BSD strings and cables

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nestickslinger View Post
    I wanted to get one of these while I could, I really dig the riser design.
    Same here I bought mine on December (I already had an Onza 3 at that time). I wanted to get one while it was still available. I initially had a Whisker Biscuit in it, but I just equipped the bow with a Trophy Ridge Revolution arrow rest. I am eager to shoot more arrows with it!

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

There is no denying that the "vintage" Nemesis is a sick looking bow. One that I'd like to eventually own myself, but the new Onza now that it is the XT riser from 2012 is high on the priority list. The new 35 is one that I'm also interested in.

Keep us posted on how it's shooting and get your pictures up soon
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff