Thread: Smoothing out sharp cams and moduals on my nemesis?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smoothing out sharp cams and moduals on my nemesis?

Hey Fellas, Hello again and glad to be here! Hopefully at some point I will be knowledgeable to give others suggestions instead of always receiving. I noticed one of the posts talking about filing the moduals and cams smooth, as to protect the servings. Can you please explain how this is done? With a flat file, or something less aggressive like a fingernail file. I am assuming barley just touch up the corners.
    Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what most use, but I'd opt for a nail file/emery board or start with finer grit sand papers. I have 300-600 that I have touched up my XT module with. Still need to go back to it at some point and touch it up a little more, I know it has a slight ridge on it, but I didn't want to mess with anything after the season started. Now that it is over, it is tinker time.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

That makes sense, start with something less aggressive. Can always sand a little more, but kind of hard to put back! Do you plan on touching up the paint afterwards or not?

Post Thanks / Like

The XT module is anodized aluminum. It's on the inside of the mod, so I'm not overly concerned about it.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i used sandpaper, started with 800 sandpapers and smooth it with 1500, and its gives u a very shinny edge, but end of the day, u still need a black sharpie pen to black it out. and it works well for all my bow.
    Bowless..... shopping for one now, Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, GoldTIP + Blazer Vane + Accunocks, Home Made Front Stab 28", and Side Stab 11", Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the info!
    SHARPIE, wow. Why didn't I think of that. Sometimes I overthink things instead of keeping it simple and functional.
    And thank you for the advice on the rest, I will check one out.