Thread: martin carbon stealth sts fit ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default martin carbon stealth sts fit ?

just look at martin catalog after i bought my 2013 phantoms, wo i was think of make some change on phantom x4 string stopper, i wonder if martin carbon stealth sts fit to all models of martin ever 2013 ?
    well right now i has is is martin regular sts system on phantom which is steel rod something slike that so want to make sure that carbon stealth able to fit ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

??? anyone reply ?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, the 2013 bows are still too new, not too many people have them. Assuming that the hole for the STS is the same size, and center you should be ok. The only way to know is to call in and talk to CS... I know that the carbon STS for 2012 wouldn't fit on most 2011's because the hole was different... I would assume that the 2013 bows would be interchangeable for most parts.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i did call martin CS and a lady who answer the phone and told me to talk to jjoel and she give me his email address and i email him and havent get no reply from him so i really dont know if he would able to reply my question but i just looking for to upgrade a string stopper coz this on i got didnt stay and lock the bump it keep move out of way and i need to find other that have a lock down bump where i want string to stop at..

Post Thanks / Like

Josh,

What kind of issue are you having with the stock string stopper? My Rytera Aliens have the same type of string stopper and they really work well. My Onza 3 has the carbon STS which I don't see as a tremendous upgrade except they may look a little better. I kind of like the bent stopper rod that is on my Aliens because they are thinner and work well with my tilt tamer. At least on my 2012 Onza the carbon STS is a fat straight rod with a smaller diameter rod coming out both ends which are offset from one another to avoid the cables. At least on the Onza it is installed into a drilled hole with two set screws securing it just as the other stopper rods are. The rubber stoppers themselves are just fit over the ends of the rods just like the bent stop rods.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

well they bump where it contact the string was off about 16th inch and i would like to move the bump to where it can be touch to string and when i release the arrow and string hit the bump and it move back and not keep contact after it stop so i just want to put bump in where it string contact when it not draw in full but i need bump to stay where i position and not to move everytime i draw and shot so i like to have bump lock down

Post Thanks / Like

If you want the string stopper to just touch the string at brace and after the bow is fired it is pushing the stopper forward you will need to loosen the two set screws on the riser that hold the rod in the hole and back it out a little maybe a 1/16 or 1/8 inch at a time and reshoot to see what happens. This is if I am understanding your problem correctly.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

ok i'l take a look at and might adjust little dowm like what u say, do you ever use vem silencer on string ? i thinking remove to reduce speed loss

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

rat, u got me work and now my phantom x4 on the regular and shoot sweet and quieter with no less shock and but i think rod is just short but i got adjust in about 1/8 in to get string touch and thanks you rat,