Thread: HHA single pin questions

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default HHA single pin questions

Hey guys. I think i am settled on getting a single pin sight this time around instead of the usual multi pin sight. I think an hha is the way to go, but I just want to know if any if you use one and if so, what model do you have and how do you like it? I see that some models have more footage of fiber which I would imagine collect more light. Here in ND we cant use lights on our sights so I want the brightest I can get! Any info or suggestions on other awesome bright sights is appreciated.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

The wife & I shoot HHA's, the OL5519 and OL5010. I love them. Plenty of light, both are small and compact, and both are lens ready. Personally both of us have shot much better with them over pins. The wifes groups and distance confidence went through the roof. She is shooting 4" groups at 50 yards and slappin them out to 30. I keep mine semi loose and set at 30 when hunting.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like the way to go! I asked what people thought of them on archerytalk as well. I ended up ordering myself a OL 5519. I figured it sounded like the brightest solution for hunting.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    sounds like the way to go! I asked what people thought of them on archerytalk as well. I ended up ordering myself a OL 5519. I figured it sounded like the brightest solution for hunting.
    Its bright enough that the OL5519 had a built in rheostat, a moveable cover that slides over the fiber to lessen the amount of light its picking up. When shooting in full sunlight, the pin gets so bright that it is sometimes hard to see past the pin. I love both of mine, son and grandson both love their HHAs. Great sight.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade