Thread: 70-50# limb swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default 70-50# limb swap

Hi guys, if you have been looking at my posts lately you may find that I recently bought an alien nemesis. This brings up that I no longer need my 2010 cheetah. My wife strangely wants to start shooting a bow of her own. She is s fan of pink, so the craze caught her eye at a local shop, until she held it. She said it just didn't feel right in her hand. This got me thinking.... what if I just swap the 70# power tough limbs out for 50# ones so she doesn't have to fight drawing back and can really enjoy shooting? I don't know what sort of poundage she is capable of, and she may be able to draw the 60# limbs if I backed then way off. Just don't see her drawing the 55-60 lbs that my limbs would be at backed way off. Any problem in swapping limbs like this? Also.... if she does love it, I told her we can do a sweet pink string and wrist sling set up from hutch, and then she still gets to be girly. She doesn't think she will hunt, but just enjoys hobbies with her hubby and wants to try it out.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    Hi guys, if you have been looking at my posts lately you may find that I recently bought an alien nemesis. This brings up that I no longer need my 2010 cheetah. My wife strangely wants to start shooting a bow of her own. She is s fan of pink, so the craze caught her eye at a local shop, until she held it. She said it just didn't feel right in her hand. This got me thinking.... what if I just swap the 70# power tough limbs out for 50# ones so she doesn't have to fight drawing back and can really enjoy shooting? I don't know what sort of poundage she is capable of, and she may be able to draw the 60# limbs if I backed then way off. Just don't see her drawing the 55-60 lbs that my limbs would be at backed way off. Any problem in swapping limbs like this? Also.... if she does love it, I told her we can do a sweet pink string and wrist sling set up from hutch, and then she still gets to be girly. She doesn't think she will hunt, but just enjoys hobbies with her hubby and wants to try it out.
    Ha! PD, your wife sounds just like my wife. Shoot but no hunt!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

It is doable, just drop 3 digits from the Cheetah's current limb code which would be 15 lbs off the current draw weight..becoming a 55-40# Cheetah, or go 4 digits for 50-35#er. What it the limb code on the Cheetah now?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey pd, sell the cheetah and check this out pink leapord < link

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good call on the pink leopard.... may be the way to go!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide