Thread: Question setting up my new nemesis.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question setting up my new nemesis.

Hey guys, I have a question on my nemesis. In setting the rest, I have set my nock height. But in setting my center shot I noticed the string is nowhere close to being lined up with the center of the riser. Is this normal on the nemesis? I went ahead and set center shot with my (medicine stone), and this leaves the rest adjusted all the way to the left. I am using a qad fall away, and the left side of the fall away will not be hitting the flat part of the self when it falls. It is going to catch the high part of the vem.
    Am I wrong in setting my center shot parallel to the riser?
    Those of you that have a nemesis, when you eyeball your string from behind. Is it way to the left also?

Another thing strange is my sight seems to be cocked to the right a little. Do I need to shimm my sight mount somehow?

I have set up several bows in the past and have not ever had any problems, I just must not be familiar with martin enough.

I appreciate any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I searched some threads on nemesis center shot. It looks like most are setting theirs at 1" <>. I will give that a try. It just never seen the string run so far to the left of center. With my other bows, the string is pretty much inline with center of riser.

I will mess with my sight a little, but it sure looks to be cocked off to the right.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes this is absolutely normal with the hybrid cam system your center shot should be close to 1 inch from the berger holes if you look at the cams you will see they run the string along the left side of the bow.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I will give 1" a try. My bow tuning device I normally use ( medicine stone ) is a vise system that uses level vials to get the bow and arrow perfectly level and plumb. Then you loosen a lever and tip the bow forward 45 degrees, If the vial for level on the arrow is still centered than your good. Or adjust rest left or right. I think this is kind of the same principle as setting 3rd axis on a sight. Any way doing this on my nemesis sets my arrow out 1 1/8 from riser. Sure looks a little od with the arrow hanging clear to the left side of the shelf.

I was only able to play with this in the shop today, to windy and rainy to go outside and shoot it. So I will keep playing with it.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a Nemesis, but all that I do to set the centershot is to put nock an arrow and set it on the rest. Then I just eyeball the string coming off of the cams with the cams inline with each other if that makes sense -- then I move the rest until the arrow is in line with the bowstring. Imagine the bowstring coming straight off of both cams carrying the arrow directly centered with the bowstring. Then I shoot through paper and adjust the rest to get a bullet hole at 6 ft. This is only a starting point for the centershot. The last bow that I setup I didn't even bother with paper. Then I shoot arrows at 6 ft and adjust the sight to hit dead center. I drop a string line or a piece of thin tape vertically from the arrow. Then I walk back to 10 yds and shoot again adjusting the rest left and right until I am perfectly centered on the tape. Then I walk back to 20 yds and do the same again moving the rest to get the centershot.