Thread: Doc. says no more ballcaps

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doc. says no more ballcaps

Been fighting skin cancer for 20+ years, 50+ years living in the Mohave Desert and working outdoors have taken their toll on this (Cracker). Just wondering what you guys wear beside SPF 50? Have wore boonies and cowboy hats lately, I see Cabelas has some nice Fred Bear looking hats.

Post Thanks / Like

You need one of those hats with a brim but has ventilation on the sides of the crown but cover on the top.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the face protectors that the professional fishermen wear. I think they had some on Wide Open Spaces, it's an online outdoor gear store. Cabelas should have some too along with just about any of the major hunting and fishing supply places locally.

Post Thanks / Like

Outdoor Research (OR) has a great UPF 50 "Boonie" style sun hat that I use every summer. It works great is supper light and is beathable so your head doesn't sweat so bad.

I also wear a UV "Cool Max" Sun Buff now. Just dunk it in water and put it on. Keeps ya cool and protected from the sun. I hate sunscreen so these are my solutions for my head and face.
    Last edited by andy_camping; 02-11-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

I like you solution Typically8. Brim size needs to be small enough that I can still draw my bow. Crazy desert deer at 2K elevation it can be over 100 and down to 50 at night or 80 down to 40 at 5000'. Usually can only stand the heat until about 10 am and find someplace to get cool till 5pm.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Boonie hats...I can't buy enough of them. When I'm doing yard work I use one of those straw hats with the long wide brims. Some guy pulled over to ask me how much I charge for yard work. I gave him the finger and told him this is my property and PAID for house. I had cancer and do my best to keep covered too.