Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Toys Are Great!

Post Thanks / Like

That Sig Mosquito is a nice gun, I have one, the only problem I found is that Blazers and CCI mini-mags in round nose are about the only rounds that give consistant feed. Where the bullet feeds into the chamber if you look closely there is a small lip that the nose of the bullet catches on. I'm going to take a dremel and zip that little edge down so that there is a smoother feed and see if that helps. Also after a few thousand rounds are fired through it, they seem to work better. I still have a few issues with the feed on mine but not as much as when it was new. So I need to get that dremel out.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it but I buy 90% of mine at walmart. Check cheaperthendirt.com or Natchez shooting supply.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    I hate to say it but I buy 90% of mine at walmart. Check cheaperthendirt.com or Natchez shooting supply.
    Concur/Walmart get ammo shippments in on Thursday here and it's hit miss but Mid-Way USA has had some. I'm good for a while as I loaded up with powder, Brass, bullets and primer I purchased the 1st time he got elected.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Nice semi. Congrats!.

Post Thanks / Like

Have the same pistol and love it to death. Finding magazines was a royal PITA but I was able to track down 2 extra 9rd - the 12s are darn near impossible to get your hands on right now. I'd recommend getting a Pearce Grip for your 9 rounder. Makes a HUGE difference.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Aquisition

This is my Colt 1908 Hammerless that I just purchased. The gun was manufactured in 1921. The 1908's came in .380 caliber, they were made off the 1903 model .32 caliber.

1908 Colt 003.jpg1908 Colt 001.jpg

It measures 6 3/4"long.

Post Thanks / Like

thats a great gun my next one is a 1911
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Grandfather has a 1903 pocket that I hope to have willed to me, his collection is amazing and hope to keep that all in the family.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Nice little pocket pistol!

And DP, I've was thinking about getting an extension, thanks. That thing sure is accurate though for a 3" barrel!

My wife picked up her gun from Cabela's yesterday as well. We got it out and ran some rounds though it today. It's a nice little shooter too.

2013-02-17_19-40-48_190 (640x361).jpg

My wife didn't want any pics of her shooting cause she was in sweats and no makeup, but we did get some pics of me teaching my youngest how to shoot it (the oldest didn't want to step out of the house )

2013-02-17_15-46-56_522 (640x361).jpg
    Last edited by wscywabbit; 02-17-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Wabbit, congrats on taking the daughter out shooting! We raised two daughters and two sons. They all took hunters safety and I enjoyed taking them all out shooting. Everyone of them became quite good shots. My youngest daugther showed up all the boys on the field day in her hunters safety class. They used to take all the kids out trap shooting and shooting .22's at targets on a Saturday after they passed thier test. I don't think they do that any more. Now I take the grandkids. My boys took up the bow but neither of the girls ever wanted to. My oldest granddaughter is starting to shoot the bow though.