Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which one have more low profile

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default which one have more low profile

i been looking at blazer and fusion and i wonder which one have slight low profile betwwen 2 inch blazer and fusion and do anyone have good review on nowary fletching like duravane, fuuison and etc.. im looking for little low profile for hunting, com and pro on this is welcome
    I've not trying norway vanes just yet but blazer from bohning and vanetec,

Post Thanks / Like

You can checkout Ikesoutdoors on Youtube. He gives a review of Fusion and Duravanes I think. I only have experience with the 2 inch blazers which I have really good luck with.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fusions do not stick well unless you use a certain glue. I myself have not used them but my son has Arrow Splitter. I will stick to Blazers.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Sonny Thomas

Blazers have the lower profile. I tested them a ways back. Pretty sure I still have it in one of my arrow boxes. No problem sticking, but Bohning Platinum wrinkled the Fusion base a bit, but still good for flight. I also tested the Zeon Fusion and same thing, wrinkled the base a bit.
    Checked my Photo Gallery and have pictures, but nothing that would show the slightly higher profile to the Blazer.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 02-13-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I went with 3" Fusions for a lower profile for hunting, they are .45" high; the 2.1" Fusions are .56" and the 2" Blazers are .568"(from their websites). The bases do wrinkle a little but no problem with adhesion(even after pass throughs), also using Platinum for glue. Getting good flight with broadheads, no reason to change for me.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

reason i ask is coz i has vanetec and it plain touch cable string and irritate the arrow to see how it go and seem too longer profile i ever see now this time need to change the fletching to low profile but i dont know if cable rod with slide is way to far or need to find a slide with a short that aviod contact between fletching and cable string

Post Thanks / Like

If you can, just rotate your nocks slightly to get better clearance. The cock vane doesn't HAVE to be straight up or down depending on what rest you are using.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Ehunter, if all you're looking for is clearance and you're using a drop away, you can rotate the nocks and set your cock vane any way you want. For consistency, make sure they are all oriented the same though...

As for Duravane vs. Blazer, I have used both with good success, and as Sonny said the Blazers have a slightly lower profile.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both Blazers and Fusion (Neon's). Like Ehunter said just rotate vanes slightly to the right for cable clearance. I've had some clearance issues and one of the fixes with the rotating vanes was to replace the stock slide with a Saunders Hyper glide which brings the Cables in closer to the cable bar. I use the Fusion Neon's vs. blazer currently with AAE glue and have had few issues. You need to insure that you clean the vane with 70% or better alcohol and prep the shaft. How I prep shaft is to insure that the old vane and glue is removed by scraping off with a razor blade or vane removing tool. I slightly sand and use alcohol and let dry. I like the Fusion as I can see the fletching really well compared to other that I have used. They are stiffer also.

Arrow.jpg
    Last edited by Tosi; 02-14-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Sonny Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJJ View Post
    I went with 3" Fusions for a lower profile for hunting, they are .45" high; the 2.1" Fusions are .56" and the 2" Blazers are .568"(from their websites). The bases do wrinkle a little but no problem with adhesion(even after pass throughs), also using Platinum for glue. Getting good flight with broadheads, no reason to change for me.
    I'll have to check. I thought they were Fusions, but possibly I was thinking of Vantec. One of the two I had turn my arrow to give clearance and the Blazer didn't have to be turned.