Post Thanks / Like

Default What do yo think of this tool?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Sonny Thomas

Default What do yo think of this tool?

Put one in my archery collection box somewhere...about 13 years ago. Mine was little more fancier, brass base plate and brass tightener head with stainless steel rod just like the one shown and same " kisser button" like plastic aligner just like the one shown.

Went through many center shot tools and common used procedures. Allen heads to fit limb bolts with rocker wedges and stretch bands. Other stretch band thingy went over limb bolt washers. Use long stabilizer rod, 2 feet long or longer, and move rest to align arrow to run parallel to the stab. Triangle thingy...Wife used it to hang bird house. The Easy Eye laser, most worthless tool we have at the shop. Lays under counter collecting dust. It's for sale....

Post Thanks / Like

I seen Kenny Parsons use this tool in setting up center shot, worked well for him, I was and am still impressed with the tool. Someone please make a better suggestion.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have one but it's made by golden key
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

never have tis ard my place.

was impress by this tool when first time saw it on youtube 2years ago?....

shud work great.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Put one in my archery collection box somewhere...about 13 years ago. Mine was little more fancier, brass base plate and brass tightener head with stainless steel rod just like the one shown and same " kisser button" like plastic aligner just like the one shown.

Went through many center shot tools and common used procedures. Allen heads to fit limb bolts with rocker wedges and stretch bands. Other stretch band thingy went over limb bolt washers. Use long stabilizer rod, 2 feet long or longer, and move rest to align arrow to run parallel to the stab. Triangle thingy...Wife used it to hang bird house. The Easy Eye laser, most worthless tool we have at the shop. Lays under counter collecting dust. It's for sale....
    I should be amazed at this Sonny, but having had all the same things over the last 40 years I could post this myself, word for word, except that my Easy Eye Lazer isn't for sale. I sold it several years ago. One thing years of tinkering has done is give me the knowledge to just eyeball centershot and tune from there. Most times I'm close enough that little or no adjustment is needed. On the other hand I still use a crutch for setting nocking point---a 37 year old bow square.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I should be amazed at this Sonny, but having had all the same things over the last 40 years I could post this myself, word for word, except that my Easy Eye Lazer isn't for sale. I sold it several years ago. One thing years of tinkering has done is give me the knowledge to just eyeball centershot and tune from there. Most times I'm close enough that little or no adjustment is needed. On the other hand I still use a crutch for setting nocking point---a 37 year old bow square.
    I've gotta say, everytime I turn around I see another "gimmicky" item to either help you shoot better or tune better. I don't have near the time spent in the archery business as you guys, but I agree with Barry on his process; I have a bow square, and my eyeballs, and they get things close enough that it doesn't take much to finish tuning from there. That and I'm kindof a tight-wad and am reluctant to spend money on something I can do myself with a little bit of work.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Plainsman

Cool

I use the Hutch-n-Son single string theory method posted back in 2009 with a cut arrow shaft. Works every time. The only thing more accurate is a laser tool.
    Sorry it was 2011. You can line up the center of the arrow with the string.

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...he-center-shot!
    Last edited by Plainsman; 03-20-2013 at 08:30 PM.