Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for help picking out drop away rests

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for help picking out drop away rests

Hi guys,
    I am looking into buying a new rest for my Rytera Nemesis. I currently have a QAD Ultrarest Hunter on my Martin Cheetah, so I was leaning towards a QAD this time around as well. This time around I was thinking of an Ultrarest HDX. I also have been looking at Limbdriver, NAP, Ripcord, or even the Revolution rest. Do any of you have a valid argument against the QAD HDX or does that seem to be the way to go? I do like how the QAD contains the arrow and you know your arrow is set up in a good spot when the time to draw happens.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of QAD HDX, some Trophy Taker FC 360's and a Smackdown, a Revolution, NAP Apache, and a whisker biscuit. So far, my favorite is the HDX's. The TT comes in a close second, but the QAD is as easy to set up, and lighter. Both are as quiet as they can be, both have great containment and drop plenty fast with no bounce back. Gotta give the edge to the QAD though. It's a bit lighter weight.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Sonny Thomas

Default Looking for help picking out drop away rests

The original NAP Apache I couldn't keep for people wanting mine. 5 or 6 now. Darned easy to set up, pretty quiet, no arrow rattling in the cage, picks up the arrow anywhere in the cage, and great for target, 3D or paper. I have no issues with the weight of any rest has and I really couldn't tell the difference between the Apache and any other drop rest I've used. I have the Limb Driver set up on 2 of my target bows.

The only thing to look for is adjustability. Some just don't have enough horizontal adjustment.

So I saw a Trophy Ridge yesterday at a Indoor 3D that seemed almost a copy from I could see. NAP has lots of archery goodies that have been copied in one manner or another.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the limbdriver last night, and it really intrigues me. The only thing that really takes me away from the QAD HDX is that I have heard complaints about people with malfunctions in cold weather. I bow hunt up until the first week in January, so I have seen some cold, and snowy weather. I just want something that won't kick me in the butt during the cold. I also do believe the Pro-V looks to have the best accuracy since it actually holds the arrow longer. When I switched from a NAP 360 to a QAD hunter, my accuracy went down a hair. The only reason I got rid of the 360 was when I switched to Mayhem arrows, the cross-weave pattern of carbon fiber ended up squeaking loud on the draw on the brushes.
    equipment list
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver

Post Thanks / Like

Limbdriver ... close thread
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

That good eh? So good that you can tell me just to close it, and call it a dead topic?
    equipment list
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I can't give you any input on the rest your looking at. I will say most of my hunting friends around here are shooting a Whisker Biscuit. I am the the only one of my hunting buddies that shoots a drop away (QT2000) and a Rytara bow for that matter. All I can say is my Quick Tune has never failed me in all weather conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the QAD and no issues I recently have been using a trophy taker pronghorn and have no complaints either, the QAD is a nice rest and shouldn't bring any troubles if set up right.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a QAD and a Ripcord. I like the idea of the limbdriver and not having to serve into the down cable. Also should make it easier to tune when twisting cables and changing draw modules etc...I think that the new Limbdriver Pro V looks good. If you have a lot of spare coin -- take a look at the Hamskea full containment rest.

Post Thanks / Like

I have QAD HDX rest on all of my bows and have never had any fail in any type of weather.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!