Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for help picking out drop away rests

Post Thanks / Like

Default which rest?

I've had 4 QAD HDX's and a QAD Hunter, never had any problems with either...decided I wanted to try something different, so I looked at limbdriver and trophy taker. I have a TT Smackdown FC on my CM and a TT Smackdown Pro on my Scepter V, still no complaints...seems like the TT are a little quieter than the QAD's I had...just my opinion
    2012 Martin Scepter V 60#
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT 60#
    2008 Martin Bamboo Viper 45# @ 28" AMO 64"
    1973 Damon Howatt Ventura 66" AMO 25#

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    That good eh? So good that you can tell me just to close it, and call it a dead topic?
    Yep, get a LD of any variety and call it a day. Insanely easy to set up and work on and I'm a believer in limb driven rests after getting my hands on one. Whatever you go with, keep us posted.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I had a QAD years ago and it never realy fit very welll on my PSE at the time, went to TT. TT is not a bad rest just had to much bounce back. I shoot both Limd Drivers and have no complaints. Like the V pro better than the standard. Vapor Trails CS is great also. Had and issue with my LD standard, I strip a screw on the drop fork and sent it back to VT, they fixed it and upgrade without charge. They perform without fail in cold weather. Concur with droppixel once you shoot a LD you wont look back....
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    The original NAP Apache I couldn't keep for people wanting mine. 5 or 6 now. Darned easy to set up, pretty quiet, no arrow rattling in the cage, picks up the arrow anywhere in the cage, and great for target, 3D or paper. I have no issues with the weight of any rest has and I really couldn't tell the difference between the Apache and any other drop rest I've used. I have the Limb Driver set up on 2 of my target bows.

The only thing to look for is adjustability. Some just don't have enough horizontal adjustment.

So I saw a Trophy Ridge yesterday at a Indoor 3D that seemed almost a copy from I could see. NAP has lots of archery goodies that have been copied in one manner or another.
    Hey Sonny, have you hunted with that Apache? I can't afford the limb driver and can get that or a TT for free my choice
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried many dropaways, but after a ton of research not very long ago I put a NAP Apache on my Firecat 400 and I am totally impressed. It's definitely easy to set up, very quiet, and mine's almost tooless.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macflash View Post
    can get that or a TT for free my choice
    Can I have your problem?

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Sonny Thomas

Default Looking for help picking out drop away rests

Quote Originally Posted by macflash View Post
    Hey Sonny, have you hunted with that Apache? I can't afford the limb driver and can get that or a TT for free my choice
    Nope, never could keep one long enough, but the last one I had went on a hunting bow for customer. Just plain loves it.

Thing is, I've set up several different drop rests and when set right they all performed darn good.

I doubt that I've ever change my hunting set up. I have a QuikTune 3000 on my hunting bow and it ain't broke and I ain't fixin' it. I have no need of a full containment rest. I don't have trouble tromping all over H__ and Creation with my bow and the QuikTune 3000. I got my first NAP Apache free is the only reason I gave it a try. Since then, 4 have come and went. Still, like I noted, my next one I'm going to hide.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, I wanted to put in my .02 real quick

My brother in law had a code red, and its all he'll shoot; absolutely loves them. As a matter a fact, he won't use anything else... although he can be a stubborn SOB like that sometimes LOL!

I have an Apache, first gen that I put on my Saber and it worked great. The only complaint I had with it was that the original Apache was top loaded, and it could be a pain to nock an arrow and then drop it in place because it wouldn't clear my front sight. I had to learn to drop it in and then nock it. I see that the newer ones are a top/side load so this probably wouldn't be a problem. I liked the rest so much I tried to put it on my Onza, but it wouldn't clear the bridge, so I cut it down to fit, but still wouldn't give enough horizontal movement to the riser side to tune correctly.

My search for rests led me to the TR Revolution, and I gotta say that I LOVE IT! Quiet, easy to set up, works flawlessly (as long as you follow the setup directions, otherwise it won't rotate on release... that's hard on vanes lol) And for the price, its very hard to beat.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

If this is still up for debate and a LD is out of the question because of price - check AT classifieds, can find a good deal there. Alternate I would say look really hard into the Apache series. Very, very good rest imo.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Can I have your problem?

A.S
    So here's the quick version, when we make really cool things happen for the boss, he puts us in for points, points can be used to get things from the company store, the company store has Cabelas cards, .. Dollar a point , sittin on 110 points, need a rest and a new sight , LOL you need to have a chat with Dad now
    D.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters