Thread: Irks me to no end thing

Sonny Thomas

Default Irks me to no end thing

Okay, I go to a shooting event I go to shoot, not piddle with my bow. My bow is ready. Saturday at this 3D I heard the following and given for excuses; My sights aren't set. My sights are set for outdoors. My stabilizer is too heavy. My arrows just aren't right. Cheezzzz! If your bow isn't ready why did you show up? Okay, I got it figured this way; Your bow should be ready, period. There is no blaming the bow or any part of it...unless it breaks during competition. 13 or 14 years now since I returned to archery and only twice have I had equipment failure. One was a broken center serving that let my nocking point slip. The other was a string/end loop failure.

Okay, rarely do I warm up and most indoor 3Ds do have a lane for that, but not be clogged for some one tinkering with their bow. The thing is, if you haven't "got it" when to you go to a shoot you aren't going to "find it" on the practice range.

I have only one excuse, the person shooting my bow, me. And I've cussed him more than once....

Post Thanks / Like

I agree and disagree because I spend the majority of my time in preparation for the upcoming hunting season so I will try things out at a 3d shoot or league shoot just to kind of test the waters and if they don't work then I ditch it or if I feel it might help I stick with it. I have tried numerous stabilizers arrow combinations and even arrow rests, now if I was going to a qualifier or a triple crown or some big shoot where I might want to shoot my best I stick with my roots as everybody should. Latest thing I tried was a hinge release and I will be picking one up in the future.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Sonny Thomas

Default Irks me to no end thing

Wilt, I was relating of a tournament, not some club 3D.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Wilt, I was relating of a tournament, not some club 3D.
    Okay, I totally agree with you then if your not ready to compete instead of spending money to compete spend time getting your equipment ready!
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I do not compete, but I sling allot of arrows staying sharp for hunting. I have had good days and not so good days, and I can say that only one time has an equipment problem been a factor. For me me excuses don't put meat in the freezer, I have to bootstrap up and get er done.

Post Thanks / Like

i have first hand experience listening to archer complaining their bow, arrows, accessories, string, all kinds of execuses.

Personally, i will get all my primary and secondary equipments and stuff ready at least a week or two before the competition.
    This is because i wan to focus shooting, and not blaming my bow and related, and to avoid equipment failure.

Last year, i skip on of the major competition in my town, i did not enrol for the competition is because i do not have sufficient arrow nock supplies. that is why i skip the competition.

I agree with SonnyThomas, you ur equipment is not ready do go and compete.

Unless join the competition for experience gaining and mental fighting. hahahaha
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.