Thread: Bow vs Bow

Plainsman

Question Bow vs Bow

First post and hopefully I am in the right place. What technical differences, other than overall length and maybe a slight increase in arrow speed is there between the Phantom and the Blade. The Martin site does not really spell any out that I could find.

Post Thanks / Like

First off, welcome to the forum, glad you posted up!

As far as I can tell, other than the increased axle to axle, I don't really see a difference between two. I don't see why the Phantom would get slightly higher speeds either, unless the limbs are pre-loaded a little heavier. Maybe someone can post up with some more info for you! I think the appeal of one over the other is going to be the ATA, and the shooters preference.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Heres specs straight from the 2013 catalog

Phantom X4. Blade
    325fps. 315fps
    80% L/O. 80%
    70# peak DW. 70#
    25-31" DL. 26-32" DL
    7" BH. 7" BH
    32.5" ATA. 31.5" ATA
    Mass weight 3.85#. 3.75#

Not sure about the 10fps difference. The difference in mass weight is probably due to the extra inch of ATA length. Phantom X4 is listed as Rytera series,Blade listed as Gold series. Also note the min/max DL. Both have Fury XT and X4 twin limbs
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I wasn't sure about the 10 fps difference either Hawg, that's why I was wondering if maybe the Phantom has more load on the limbs or maybe its a little more parallel than the Blade. Its hard to tell from the pics.

OH, and Plainsman, just FYI in case you didn't know, the Phantom, being a Rytera series, will only be available through Martin Pro Dealers, where as the Blade will be available through many more outlets...
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Plainsman

Wink

Thanks for the input. And, at the end of the day it may just be a marketing thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just looking at the website into this.... wow same bow lol. Seems like all same but a name and an inch ATA. Their site says up to 315 fps on both of them? So I am guessing wherever u guys saw 325 on the phantom was a typo. I really don't know why martin would do this other than get that design out to more dealers. By that, giving the essentially same bow to both martin and martin pro dealers. Id imagine the phantom cost more too? I'm not impressed with the lack of speed martin bows r doing these days..... I'm excited for those split limbs, but speed sells these days, even tho it really doesn't matter to real shooters.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    I was just looking at the website into this.... wow same bow lol. Seems like all same but a name and an inch ATA. Their site says up to 315 fps on both of them? So I am guessing wherever u guys saw 325 on the phantom was a typo. I really don't know why martin would do this other than get that design out to more dealers. By that, giving the essentially same bow to both martin and martin pro dealers. Id imagine the phantom cost more too? I'm not impressed with the lack of speed martin bows r doing these days..... I'm excited for those split limbs, but speed sells these days, even tho it really doesn't matter to real shooters.
    I noticed another typo for the Blade on Martins site. The features section list what appear to be the features for the Seeker. Maybe Joel will see this and have it corrected? You know how people can be if they order a Blade and don't get the listed cams, limbs, and adjustable brace height.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I didn't even notice that on the Blade page. I see that Joel has been on here a couple times lately, and that he monitors our activity. Maybe he can get the Blade features and the Phantom IBO fixed so there is no more confusion... Hint Hint