Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bengal Pro question

Tenacious Billy

Default Bengal Pro question

Hello everyone. New member here - great website btw.

Recently picked up a Bengal pro and am currently in the process of getting it dialed in. I have a question about the module and draw stop....

First, my Fury cam does not have a mark indicator for the setting of the module....

module.jpg

I'm assuming the marker would typically be in line with the first spoke on the cam, currently set at 1.5?....is this correct?

Also, in adjusting the drawstop, is it a matter of getting it to where it feels best for me with a let-off that feels good?....Right now I have it set:

draw stop.jpg

Any advice welcome! Sorry about the small pics....still getting the hang of it.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Tenacious Billy; 02-19-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Great choice in bow btw, I have a friend that bought one and he loves it!

There is a mark for the module, a small hash mark on the cam that is easy to miss that lines up with the module numbers. And remember that bigger numbers equals longer draw, and vice versa.

As for setting the draw stop, there are two things for you to be aware of, 1st is that moving it towards the - decreases your valley (the part of the draw cycle that makes it easy to hold at full draw), and increases your hold weight, giving you a lower percentage of let-off. Secondly, and this is an important part that isn't in the manual, make sure that where you set your stop won't allow you to over rotate the cam, thereby rubbing the cable against the axle. It will give you premature wear on the servings for you cable if it is over drawn. I've seen it first hand on two different bows with the Fury cam.

Other than that, setting the draw stop is personal, I prefer setting the modules on my bows to a longer draw setting, and then using the draw stop to shorten my draw and lower my let-off percentage. Some people prefer the other way around so that they get the full 85% let off and the minimum amount of hold weight possible.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Pyro

Ive got that cam on my exile hope this helps
    Alsoyou can see the damage on the cable from one day shooting with it being over drawn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pyro; 02-19-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pyro, thanks for posting the pic, I hope you don't mind but I used it real quick to point out the module setting mark:

cam.jpg
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Tenacious Billy

Thanks for the replies. Wabbit, my cam doesn't have that mark - I've heard of a few other cams on people's bows missing it as well. But it looks like I've got the setting in the right place as to where the mark "should" be.....thanks for the info. Cheers.

Tenacious Billy

fury xt.jpg

Here's a little better picture of my cam.....without the mark, I'm assuming this is correctly set at 1.5?.....cheers.

Pyro

Yeah should be unless theres something weird

Post Thanks / Like

You could always make a mark.

By the way, Welcome to the Martin Tech forum to both of you. (Not you Wabbit)

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Billy View Post
    fury xt.jpg

Here's a little better picture of my cam.....without the mark, I'm assuming this is correctly set at 1.5?.....cheers.
    Your not going crazy mine is missing as well , may have missed that detail when programing that batch.
    2012 Bengal pro 70#
    Black carbon

Make your training a hell , so the real fight won't be.

Post Thanks / Like

Billy, maybe you could give lessons. That's a very good quality picture.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver