Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy here

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. If you are wanting to decapitate turkey, the Magnus Bullhead or Gobble Guillotine is the way to go. If you are just wanting head shots, any broadhead will do the job. Even a field point should kill on a head shot. (Probably illegal though) I'm like LB, and use the Rocket Hammerhead expandables for body shots. I have seldom seen a turkey keep it's head still long enough for me to have much faith in a head shot. I know alot of guys do it on tv, and it looks fun, but I have to wonder how many misses they have before they connect.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site. I also prefer the body shot, with a bow. Agree with Ehunter, they move their heads too much for it to be a stable target.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum.i dont hunt turky yet so i am no help.but befor decideing on a BH check the DFW and make sure expand BH are allowed,if you choose to go that route.best of luck to you come turky time

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site gman.

I use the Rocket Hammerhead 2" cut expandable head for deer and turkey. On turkey I usually go for the point of the wing shoulder. It stops them right there and gives a good window for slight error. It also doesn't ruin a lot of meat. Lopping the head off a turkey would be cool, but I feel lucky to get one chance here to get my turkey in spring.

Mike

GMan

Thanks for all of the Welcomes !

Since I have never killed (or hunted) a gobbler with a bow, I guess that I should take a body shot and get the first confirmed bow killed bird. If I can accomplish that, then my second attemp will be a head shot. I will look into the Magnus Bullhead and Gobbler guillotine.