More Stabilizers (figures 1-8) Saw you guys were cranking out a few PVC stabilizers and thought I would share a couple of mine. Made this one today. Have one on my Bengal I cranked out last year. Just cant stay out of the shop, but hey it keeps me out of the honky-tonks.
· Ύ PVC pipe cute to desired length in this case 5 ½
· Drill 5/16 hole dead center in one of the blind caps
· Wallow out the hole slightly this will allow for a centered fit with the 5/16 x 24 bolt and nut assemblage
· Slide in and make-up the 5/16 x 24 bolt with nut on outside of blind cap
· Glue in with JB Weld
· Once all of that has dried (overnight) then make up the blind cap with nut and bolt assembly to the PVC tube
· I filled the tube with crushed walnut hulls I had laying around for polishing brass
· Tap the side of the tube to get good compaction
· Knock out some of the filler so that you can get the rubber plug in about a ½ get a good snug fit and then trim off excess
· Tape off the tube so that you can make a fillet of JB Weld to smooth out the square edges of the blind cap. This makes for a smoother transition from the cap to the tube body
· I painted it with a low gloss textured paint
Pics below: Had a few more but only allowed to upload 6 or so. But you get the general idea.
Fig 1.JPGFig 2.JPGFig 3.JPGFig 4.JPGFig 5.jpg