Thread: Block type target

GMan

Default Block type target

I am looking to purchase a "cube" type target, and was wondering if the Rinehart RhinoBlock is worth the $.

The target will be used mainly for field points, but I will shoot an occasional broadhead, comparing if there is a change in "point of impact" between the 2.

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is it is probably the best one out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used just about every block type target out there, and the Rinehart is the best I have found. Personally, I'd buy Cabelas generic version though. Same product, but it'll save you a few bucks. Sportsmansguide.com occasionally has factory seconds at a huge discount as well. I got an 18" Rinehart for $48 from them this summer. Only thing wrong is it has some seams sticking up. Doesn't effect the target at all.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely yes, the Rhinehearts are worth the money. Especially if you get one with the replaceable core for broadheads. Fieldtip holes seal right up and you'll get thousands and thousands of shots at it. Even the broadhead holes seal up pretty well.

And Ehunter is right also, Cabelas, Basspro, Etc. they all contract out and have their name stamped on stuff that is made by brand name companies, including Rhinheart. Pick up one of these for a little less or look around and see if you can find a factory second. I found mine from a small local company getting out of if the archery supply business and got it for almost 40% off...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

GMan

I appreciate all of your opinions. I'm going to Cabelas today.

GMan

Thanks for the recommendation on the Rinehart ! I bought the RhinoBlock today and a Gorilla grip arrow puller. (definatly worth the $14) I shot 24 arrows in my basement @ 12 yards. (maximum distance I can get) I realize that this isn't far, but shooting downstairs will get me conditioned until the weather breaks. I have a chronograph and will shoot some arrows thru it in the near future. Just curious as to what fps my 60 lb Cougar FC (Fury XT cam) shooting 370 gr Gold Tip XT Hunter (including 100 gr field tip) will produce.