Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new alien

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    Only thing I don't like about the split limbs is not being able to back them out to tie in a peep or do some tuning.
    Since when? You can back Martin split limb bows out just as you would any solid limb. I can completely disassemble and reassemble our split limbs bows without the use of a press.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    Since when? You can back Martin split limb bows out just as you would any solid limb. I can completely disassemble and reassemble our split limbs bows without the use of a press.
    I must have misunderstood you when we spoke on the phone Monday I apologize then I have no issues with them.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    I must have misunderstood you when we spoke on the phone Monday I apologize then I have no issues with them.
    lol, I talk to hundreds of people everyday so I dont remember the specific conversation. Sorry if I misunderstood any questions you had for me!

Post Thanks / Like

lol, I talk to hundreds of people everyday so I dont remember the specific conversation. Sorry if I misunderstood any questions you had for me!
    Lol I totally understand.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I have ever seen on split limb bows was when one side flexed more than the other and caused severe cam lean. I do not remember ever seeing that on the old Martin split limbs, but saw it a few times on ... well ... another brand that tries to claim the single cam. (the dark side) My brother also had to have his split limbs changed on an older Jennings. One side of his upper limbs had a hair line crack. Just seemed to me that there were more problems with split limbs than solid.

I still do not like drop away rests, just more strings and cables. I just prefer the prong style rests. I know them, trust them and can tune a bow up quick with them because I've been using them for a long time. In fact I think my first compound bow.

Which brings me to another thing. It took me a long time to switch from a recurve to a compound bow .... All my friends had compounds before I bought my first one, and then I didn't hunt with it even the first year I had one.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really sure why there would be an opposition to dual limbs...there is nothing in regards to tuning or performance that is lacking with split limbs vs. solid. We had them back in the 90's and they worked just fine but public perception dictated otherwise. Most people don't know that Martin also invented the fall away rest...because the public didn't accept it we never pursued a patent. Boy was that a mistake.
    just my opinion but I believe split limbs work better with a static yoke.