Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German Kinetics -Silver Flame 125gr; 1 1/8

Post Thanks / Like

Default German Kinetics -Silver Flame 125gr; 1 1/8

I just wanted to share this, look what the postman brought today!!

DSC05707.jpg

this broadhead is so cool... im in love!

Post Thanks / Like

That does look sweet. Whatcha gonna use em on?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

bowhunting is illegal in austria (), but i can bowhunt in hungary (which is aprox 1h away from vienna) and maybe i will go on a hunting trip to spain this summer.

in hungary roe deer and wild boar are widespread but theres also alot of red deer. in spain you find quite the same species, but hunting red deer is much more affordable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeiio View Post
    bowhunting is illegal in austria (), but i can bowhunt in hungary (which is aprox 1h away from vienna) and maybe i will go on a hunting trip to spain this summer.

in hungary roe deer and wild boar are widespread but theres also alot of red deer. in spain you find quite the same species, but hunting red deer is much more affordable!
    2nd cousin to our Elk, but Elk hunting here is'nt as affordable as deer hunting is. We have 3 main species of deer here, with each having several subspecies. Would love to hunt Red Deer!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Why is bow hunting illegal in Austria?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Why is bow hunting illegal in Austria?
    Thats a good question.. This is the situation in Europe: http://www.dbjv.org/bogenjagdineuropa/index.html

Silencers for guns are illegal as well in Austria and bowhunting is a silence hunting method, so authorities believe bowhunting would encourage poaching. what a stupid argument, since poachers dont care about legal or illegal, therefor they are pochers..

furthermore does the hunting law in Austria say, that a projectile which is used to kill an animal must have a certain velocity. of course an arrow doesnt even come close to the required energy and velocity..

this and other arguments are clearly stubborn, but hunting is a very traditional matter in Austria and hunting culture is very important and upheld (which is not a bad thing), new inputs and ideas (like bowhunting) are just processed extremely slow..

Post Thanks / Like

Luke, here in the states every state has it's own rules and hunting regulations. Not really alot different than the different countries there. In Wisconsin where I live, I couldn't use a crossbow for hunting at all until this past year when they finally allowed crossbows but only during thier nine day deer gun season. That is unless you are 65+ years or get a special permit for disabled hunters. On the plus side though our archery deer season is open from the middle of September until the middle of January and then there are special hunts in different municipalities where there are alot of deer in the city limits. Green Bay has special bow only hunts in the city park system that ran into February and I think even early March.

Some states have a very short deer season and allow any weapon, traditional bow, compound bow, cartridge gun or muzzle loader. Some have special muzzle loader only hunts and some don't. Some states allow the use of expandable broadheads and some don't. Some states don't allow any electronics on a bow.

There used to be a velocity minimum limit for pistol hunting deer in Wisconsin but they have removed that limitation but still have the 6" barrel length minimum.

Thier reason for not allowing crossbows to be used during the archery deer season is that it would make it too easy for anyone to do. Then they want to know why hunter license sales are declining.There might be some people that decide to go archery hunting with a crossbow that had never hunted with a bow before, but if they found out that I can shoot probably as accurate if not more accurate with a compound bow, and a farther distance, than they can with a crossbow they might change. Or quit. Crossbows are not the killing machines that some people think. Most don't shoot as fast as most modern compound bows.
    Last edited by Mike G; 02-27-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some beautiful broadheads! My question though (to all of you who have used them) are they worth the cost?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Sonny Thomas

Default German Kinetics -Silver Flame 125gr; 1 1/8

Unlike the United States many aboard countries, more of the European stage, hunting is the upper class affair and they keep strict control over it. The Royal families and upper class still maintain their hunting properties with Game Keepers. Game Keepers are to "rid" the property of unwanted guests (coons, owls, ground hogs, badgers, hawks and so forth). Of course, protected species is a protected species so long as it isn't on the hunting property. Don't tell, no one knows. This also applies right here in the United States - unwanted guests removed be it quietly.

If allowed hunting some countries charge so much it is unaffordable. Watching this show one night. The one being interviewed, traditional bow, replied his cost would be the equivalent of $8000.00. Another report was our dollar value of $3000.00.
    Of course, this is right up there with some of the leased properties here in the states. Boys, I can't afford some $2500 for a 6 day deer bow hunt. I sure can't afford; "Hey, take a kid hunting" for another $2500. Right now in my area it's almost impossible to find a place to squirrel or rabbit hunt because property being leased for deer hunting. Watching a hunting sports channel; Want a record Bull Elk? No problem except for the time factor (finding the animal and season). Score of 400 or more; $37,000.00 plus 10% for something.

Post Thanks / Like

If allowed hunting some countries charge so much it is unaffordable.
    heres a list of prices from hungary (prices may vary): http://www.forst.hu/en/pricelist/shootingprices
    guide + accommodation + fuel/ transport etc = aprox. 100 euros/ day

if you are not looking for a trophy its quite affordable, for me just the feeling of being in the woods with my bow is absolutely awesome!!

hunting is definitely a matter of time and money, if you want to keep the money part as low as possible you need to know somebody who owns a property or has the money to lease a property, which is very expensive in Austria..
    friends of mine leased a very nice property with red deer, roe deer and even chamois (!), they pay about 15.000 euros/ year. actually this is not much at all (for a lease in Austria), they were pretty lucky. of course this is for rifle hunting only..

Those are some beautiful broadheads! My question though (to all of you who have used them) are they worth the cost?
    I will hunt with them in summer at the earliest, but of course youll find a posting in the hunting section about it!! i bought them for about 65 euros (= 85$), hope they are worth the cost..