Thread: Barnsdale limbs?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barnsdale limbs?

Hi Everyone. My Onza top cam is touching the inside of the top limb. Have swopped the limbs but still the same thing. What can I do? Thinking of getting a set of Barnsdale limbs. Who has them and what do you think of them? Thanks!
    May the love and grace of God help us not to miss our purpose in life.
    2011 Onza 3, 70# 27.75" APG camo
    2012 Cougar FC 70# 27.75" Carbon Black

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got them on my Iron Mace and love 'em. But it sounds like you might be lacking a spacer on that side. Call Martin CS.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

post a pic so we can take a look befor you drop cash on new limbs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I've got them on my Iron Mace and love 'em. But it sounds like you might be lacking a spacer on that side. Call Martin CS.
    Thanks fro the reply. What spacers? The cams' bearings touches the limbs on either side. Is there a space for spacers in there?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, please bare in mind that the limbs have been swopped, top limb is now at the bottom and bottom limb at the top. In the first picture you can see where the limb has been rubbed by the cam, circled in red.
    OnzaLimb1.jpg

In the second is the top cam, where the cam bearings are touching the limb on either side of the cam, circled in red. I dont see how spacers can fit in there? Are the spacers on the inside or do I have to shim them down??? The black insulation tape is to protect the limb from the cam, but the cam eat away at it after a few shots.
    Top cam.jpg

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at it just looks like can lean at rest? Are the limbs split at all? My cheetah had slight cracks on the limbs and made mine almost do the same thing..... did u add a ccs or different slide to pull your cables more?
    Last edited by pizzadave; 02-26-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

There shouldn't be any spacers with that bearing. It's designed to sit tight against the limb. It looks like either cam lean, a bad bearing, or a bent cam from the pic. Unless you find a crack or split in the limbs, I'd take a look at one of those 3 things. One other possibility is a bent axle, or wallowed out axle hole in the limb. I'd run some cotton all over the limbs, especially the forks, and check for a split or crack first. Then go from there. If you do end up replacing limbs, Barnsdale makes some mighty good ones. I have them on several bows.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you check the cam? its bend?

Check cam first, if its bend or tend, no point changing the limb.
    Unless u are confirmed the limb is twisted and causes the cam eating the limb.

Adding shim or spacer i dont think i works.

Barndales limb - they are very very durable limb. you will Not gain speed.
    They are famous for durable limb.
    The limb is much slimmer then the Powertuff limb, and very precision and almost identical top and bottom.

"Which i do find out that Powertuff limb have soft and hard limb even it comes in a pair" - this is only my experience playing around with 2 pairs of powertuff limb, Or maybe i have no luck with Powertuff limb.
    I found out this is when i do the tiller adjustment, where the top limb actually need to turn 2 advance round for best result, and worst combination of two limb with top limb need 4 turn to even the tiller adjustment.
    U still can shoot good with that combination and with no harm. Just mental whether u like it or not.
    I still get 2inch grouping with Powertuff or Barndales limb out to 30 yards.

i have two sets of Barndales, where the original from the bow is 135, the tiller only need a quarter turn on the top limb to even. and my another set 155 limb only need a half turn advance to tiller adjustment.

i still end up using Barndales.

Compare the draw, Barndales limb are more smooth in terms of the draw motion maybe because the design is slimmer. Powerstuff limb u actually feel the hump for the draw, where Barndales limb dont.

Not to say Powertuff is not good. But Powertuff is powerful and u will feel the different, coz the limb are design much thicker then Barndales.
    Once u get Powertuff in tune, its also shoots very fine like Barndales limb.

My own experience is that Barndales give u a durable and precision design limb and smoother draw.
    Bowless..... shopping for one now, Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, GoldTIP + Blazer Vane + Accunocks, Home Made Front Stab 28", and Side Stab 11", Carter 2 Special.