Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limb deflection

Post Thanks / Like

Default Limb deflection

Hi. Can anyone please help me with the limb deflection for Barnsdale limbs for a 70# Cougar FC with 2.0 Nitro cams? The limbs on it are 5MP, but I need the deflection to order Barnsdale limbs. I did phone Martin archery but I get the answer machine and it a bit hard leaving a message with all the numbers and all from Africa. I sleep in their working hours ;-) Thanks
    Last edited by deserthuntr; 02-28-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    May the love and grace of God help us not to miss our purpose in life.
    2011 Onza 3, 70# 27.75" APG camo
    2012 Cougar FC 70# 27.75" Carbon Black

Post Thanks / Like

I would try calling or emailing Barnesdale to see what you need, Martin probably doesn't have an answer for you since they no longer use Barnesdale limbs...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I would try calling or emailing Barnesdale to see what you need, Martin probably doesn't have an answer for you since they no longer use Barnesdale limbs...
    Correct...we do not have deflection numbers for Barnsdale products.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably won't be much help, but I had Barnsdale make limbs for one of my Warthogs. 70# limbs came out to be an 85 deflection. Probably not the same riser geometry as your Cougar though. I ended up having to take a set of Barnsdale limbs off another bow, install them on the Warthog, get it back to spec, then measure the draw weight so they could figure out what deflection it needed for 70#. 70# limbs on my Alien were only 54# on the Warthog.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I e-mailed Dave Barnsdale all the specs and he said he doesn't have the specs on his database and that I should ask Martin archery. Don't know what to do now. If Martin doesn't know and Barnsdale doesn't know then how the heck should I know?
    May the love and grace of God help us not to miss our purpose in life.
    2011 Onza 3, 70# 27.75" APG camo
    2012 Cougar FC 70# 27.75" Carbon Black

Post Thanks / Like

are the factory limbs w/ manufacturer warranty shot or dissatisfied with them ? anyhow, these type complications are the ones that make me think that it probably just isnt worth the headache, if barnesdale doesnt know off the top of their head/database that should be a big hint right there.

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by deserthuntr View Post
    I e-mailed Dave Barnsdale all the specs and he said he doesn't have the specs on his database and that I should ask Martin archery. Don't know what to do now. If Martin doesn't know and Barnsdale doesn't know then how the heck should I know?
    That makes no sense. How would we know what deflections Barnsdale uses? The Martin deflection for 70 lbs on the Cougar FC Nitro is 5L...which has nothing to do with Barnsdale deflections.

Post Thanks / Like

just off the top of my head and i am not sure about this but i think a 115 would get you that 70lbs.now i may be 100% wrong but this is the best i could find

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...barnsdale+limb
    Last edited by gravedigger; 03-01-2013 at 10:13 AM.

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    just off the top of my head and i am not sure about this but i think a 115 would get you that 70lbs.now i may be 100% wrong but this is the best i could find

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...barnsdale+limb

115 seemed to work on some models...135 on others. EHunter above said it worked out to a 85 on his Warthog

Post Thanks / Like

I'm betting on that bow, the only way you are going to get the right limbs is to call Dave, and see if you can send the entire bow in to him. That way he can find a limbset with the right configuration and known deflection, install them, measure draw weight, then calculate what you need from there.

Sidenote, Dave told me that he had NEVER made a set of 85 deflection limbs for a Martin before he made mine. They max out at 72#.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.