Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limb deflection

Post Thanks / Like

Guys my feeling is that the bow manufacturer must be the one who must tell me what deflecton the limbs are. 5L is not a deflection number. It is more of a limb classification. How will Dave know what deflection of the limbs are?

As for sending the bow to Dave, that will cost me about $100 as I live in Africa. I can't believe that Martin can't giive me a deflection number, they have used Barnsdale limbs before on the Rytera bows.
    May the love and grace of God help us not to miss our purpose in life.
    2011 Onza 3, 70# 27.75" APG camo
    2012 Cougar FC 70# 27.75" Carbon Black

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your frustration as you do live so far out there, but Martin hasn't used their limbs in quite a while, and the bows they are producing these days are nothing like the ones they used the limbs on before. Not only the geometry has changed, but the limb length and cam dynamics have changed as well...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by deserthuntr View Post
    Guys my feeling is that the bow manufacturer must be the one who must tell me what deflecton the limbs are. 5L is not a deflection number. It is more of a limb classification. How will Dave know what deflection of the limbs are?

As for sending the bow to Dave, that will cost me about $100 as I live in Africa. I can't believe that Martin can't giive me a deflection number, they have used Barnsdale limbs before on the Rytera bows.
    Wrong. 5L is our deflection number. You cannot expect the bow manufacturer to come up with numbers for an aftermarket product. Martin Archery does not have anything to do with Barnsdale production. How would Martin know how Dave determines his numbers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    Wrong. 5L is our deflection number. You cannot expect the bow manufacturer to come up with numbers for an aftermarket product. Martin Archery does not have anything to do with Barnsdale production. How would Martin know how Dave determines his numbers?
    Ok, Joel. Will Martin be willing to please send me a set of limbs as I am having trouble with mine? I contacted the South African dealer and they have closed down, not doing any business anymore. Is there any way I can reach you by phone? The ladies who answer the phone can only put me through to the tech guys and I always get the answering machine. Any e-mail that I can use?

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by deserthuntr View Post
    Ok, Joel. Will Martin be willing to please send me a set of limbs as I am having trouble with mine? I contacted the South African dealer and they have closed down, not doing any business anymore. Is there any way I can reach you by phone? The ladies who answer the phone can only put me through to the tech guys and I always get the answering machine. Any e-mail that I can use?
    If you call you will almost always get the answering machine because I am on the phone with 150 - 200 people per day. I can be reached via email at joel@martinarchery.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    If you call you will almost always get the answering machine because I am on the phone with 150 - 200 people per day. I can be reached via email at joel@martinarchery.com
    Ok, thanks Joel. Will pop you an e-mail and we'll take it from there.