Thread: Pics of a new members Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics of a new members Alien X

First off, I want to thank ehunter for working things out with a friend of mine and making a deal for the sweet alien X he just received. We got the bow set up and tuned this weekend, as well as took a few shots at 20 yards. The bow shoots great, and my friend is extremely happy with his purchase!

Now for the photos

2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good looking bow, thanks for sharing the pics! Your friend is very lucky
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, I was happy to help. That bow is looking sweet. You guys have done a good job setting it up. Keep us informed of how it shoots for him!
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Dave, I was happy to help. That bow is looking sweet. You guys have done a good job setting it up. Keep us informed of how it shoots for him!

The kid has never shot a bow before, so today during the 20 yard sighting in it was his first time shooting much at all. He is shooting a 3 inch group, and he's never shot before so I have to say he is shooting well with it!

We had a terrible experience at a local shop though! We went to Scheels of Grand Forks, and Cabelas in East Grand Forks. Each had a terrible selection of parts, and the service was not too respectable. We ended up getting the rest, sight, and stabilizer tossed on at Scheels. The way they served the drop away in was by serving above and below a 1/4'' spot on the downward cable, and then he just melted the tip of the drop away cord. He didn't really tie it in there, and he had it so tight, and it was overdrawing the QAD! I was able to adjust it and get all settled there. He also mounted it too low, with nocking point too low, so the rest hit the shelf before even dropping to flat or level. He also left out the set screw to hold the rest in place, and it was barely snugged. As far as the sight goes, the screws that came with the trophy ridge sight were too long so they grabbed some random ones from their bin. They had about 2-3 threads holding the sight on. We went to move his sight to the middle holes instead of the front set, we found those short screws, and one of the screws was totally stripped out! We were able to pound a larger torx head into it and back it off. Where the new d-loop was added, he bunched all the serving up and made the nocks of the arrows super tight. Then we went and got arrows from Cabelas. They cut them off super super long, and we now have to re do that. a 29'' arrow would be about 1-1 1/4'' past the arrow rest, but they cut them to 31 1/2''!!!!!! The arrows go past the end of the riser a good 1/2 - 3/4''.

Anyways, worked out great once we did the setup ourselves! BUT WE WERE PISSED AT BOTH SHOPS!!!!!!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a set of barndales limb on the bow... great buy.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be a bit more than a little upset at the two shops. lol Glad to hear you got everything straightened out and shooting well though. That bow was a dead shot out to 90 yards for me. When I was in good practice of course. lol Glad to hear there's another shooter joining us also.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.