+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012-13buck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dz. I knew there was a good story there. No matter what you do, you can't control your neighbors. I hate shenanigans like those you mentioned.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the Buck Kill!.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    There's a reason I don't call myself a meat hunter, in my experience most ppl that call themselves meat hunters use it as an excuse to shoot anything and everything . I know a guy that told me that who shot 18 deer last year, all archery to. I like deer meat, I don't even buy ground beef cuz I grind most of my deer. But I will let small bucks walk 99% of time. This time was an exception, but was still a mature legal buck
    that seams to hold true on the east coast,but on the west side alot of us go out to hunt for food with the tag we have.i dont know one person that goes out to get a big buck or just go for the big bull.dropping a deer or a elk and filling the tag is half of it the other half is getting in the woods.i am a meat hunter and allway will be and have been hunting for a few years will out putting down 1 elk or deer.so not all meat hunters are shooting everything they aim at.

Post Thanks / Like

My father owns a decent amount of land, I've grew up hunting it, and still do sometimes. His neighbors own no land . Like maybe an acre, yet the feed corn and build food plots right on the property line. One of them literally has a box stand on the other side of my dads fence in the woods, but you can only see one direction which is my dads fence row . And they killed a few turkeys on our side of the fence last year. It's a constant battle, worse in the last few years than ever. I had a neighbor open fire on a flock of hens with an automatic 22 last year right off his porch, and he was renting a house from my cousin whose yard buts up to my dads land. He killed several. What kind of white trash does something like these things that I've mentioned. There you go buddy , I've talked about the w.t. Now
    Hi dz, yep if the folks that have property next to you are shooting game on your families property without written permission that is poaching. As a matter of fact in Ohio they would need to have your permission to retrieve an animal shot on their property that ran onto another owners property. In Ohio feeders and food plots are legal on your own private property, but not on public land. My parents own a small wood plot that I have a couple stands on the owner of the larger woods around my parents land is owned by a person in the housing addition. I have written permission to not only hunt on the surrounding woods, but also be on it to retrieve any deer that runs onto his property that I shoot from one of my stands. He has stands in his woods that he hunts so I limit myself to the stands on my families property, but I also have given him an open offer to use my stands if I am not hunting them. He also has written permission to get any deer he takes that runs onto our property and has used to get a doe he shot a couple seasons ago. The people that are taking game on your property need a visit from a game warden it sounds like to me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    that seams to hold true on the east coast,but on the west side alot of us go out to hunt for food with the tag we have.i dont know one person that goes out to get a big buck or just go for the big bull.dropping a deer or a elk and filling the tag is half of it the other half is getting in the woods.i am a meat hunter and allway will be and have been hunting for a few years will out putting down 1 elk or deer.so not all meat hunters are shooting everything they aim at.
    I know you are buddy , south Mississippi , they kill anything. I worked with a guy that killed hawks , owls, everything he thought was rare. Kills every deer he sees and says " you can't eat horns ".... Very stupid mentality. But even you know the folks I'm talking about

Post Thanks / Like

I know you are buddy , south Mississippi , they kill anything. I worked with a guy that killed hawks , owls, everything he thought was rare. Kills every deer he sees and says " you can't eat horns ".... Very stupid mentality. But even you know the folks I'm talking about
    i hear of people like that but dont know them and would not stop to give them the time of day.MY fellow meat hunters(my hunting buddys) go for the meat as in drop a nice cow elk or a big fat doe. in my neck of the woods(public land)finding a buck is like finding a flame at the bottom of a river.lol.bull elk not too hard to find just hard to get a good shot off.in the end all i am saying is to me i dont judge a deer by the rack i judge it by the taste of them back straps.yum yum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    i hear of people like that but dont know them and would not stop to give them the time of day.MY fellow meat hunters(my hunting buddys) go for the meat as in drop a nice cow elk or a big fat doe. in my neck of the woods(public land)finding a buck is like finding a flame at the bottom of a river.lol.bull elk not too hard to find just hard to get a good shot off.in the end all i am saying is to me i dont judge a deer by the rack i judge it by the taste of them back straps.yum yum.
    I agree gravdigger, here in Ohio one could hunt a lifetime and not get a bow shot on a 170 class deer much less a 200 class. We can take up to six deer legally, but I see no reason for me and my wife to need six deer we are still eating the deer I shot in September. I always hope to get a shot at a doe for the freezer first so I can try to get a shot at a larger buck during the season, but not all things work as planned. I will always follow the game laws and legally hunt within my states guidelines, and never take more then what I can consume. To me I have problems with those that take more then what they can consume and do not do it in a legal manner.

+ Reply to Thread