Thread: speed nocks

Sonny Thomas

Default speed nocks

Speed nocks work...to one degree to another. If the bow came with speed nocks then it's a good idea to have the same amount put on the after market strings.

So customer came in today. Unbelievable, but he wanted 14 speed nocks, 7 for each end. I've seen 2 and 3 per cam end, but 7?! Yep, says the customer. Just kept experiementing, adding and the chronograph reading started climbing. I still found it hard to believe, but, Hey! The guy swore up and down and he ended up buying 20 brass nock sets. What he said was speed sort gained after 2, gained maybe another 1 fps for so many and then jumped with the 6th and 7 seemed better. 8 and 9 gave nothing. So I guess you don't know until you go beyond the norm.

And something more to think about;
    The price of nock sets came up. At the shop we have the 4 or 5 to a package, color printed cardboard and shrink wrap. These are priced $4.95. But then we ordered bulk for shop work. These are individual nock sets, not packages. Try $12.00 per 100. Try $100 for 1000. This is right at a 90 cent savings per nock of the packaged.

Just to see for other savings I checked on field points. Yep, there was some savings. I left the book at the shop, but pretty sure it was $35 per 100, 35 cents. Out in the gargage hangs my toss all bag, up on the wall. Present from some Christmas. Package of 12 priced $7.95, 66 cents each. So 31 cent savings per field point. Figure 100 and the savings would be ??? $31.00?

So should a bunch of guys get together, or a club would get off their backsides, some pretty good savings could be had.

Post Thanks / Like

i had tried before, gathering 4-5 friends to buy archery related stuff in bulk.

but it doesnt stay for long, coz something i need, others might dont need. No common needs of the archery items.... end of the day, still buying my own stuff alone.
    i wan blazer vane, others wan easton vane. hahaha....
    (Tentaively) 2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, GoldTIP + Blazer Vane + Accunocks, Home Made Front Stab 28", and Side Stab 11", Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was my darton 3500 that came with 7 nock sets on each end of the string
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Sonny Thomas

Default speed nocks

I thought customer said he has a PSE something, Supra?

Post Thanks / Like

Seen some pretty creative placements on some other brands, i.e. 2 and then a gap 3 and then a gap then another 2

What ever works I guess. Something you'll never really know the full benefit of until you start experimenting.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Try comparing the price of feathers. 1 doz vs a 100 pack. How about 2" Rayzrs vs 2" parabolic?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver