Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A question for Nitro Cam users

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by davik View Post
    But all of this could be solved by a tech that's interested in finding out
    We have ONE tech. Unfortunately that doesn't leave much time for playing around with various bow setups.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    We have ONE tech. Unfortunately that doesn't leave much time for playing around with various bow setups.
    Martin has a crap load of techs ... us - just takes some personal initiative to test and figure things out. I'm personally planning on playing around with the Fury XT quite a bit this Spring/Summer.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry, Joel...

That statement was poorly worded...and it bothered me all weekend. So...can you try it?

joelc

That statement was poorly worded...and it bothered me all weekend. So...can you try it?
    Man...if you only knew how much I would love to get out from behind the desk and do something constructive! I'm in a small room with no windows and obnoxious, buzzing fluorescent lighting 40 hours a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Man...if you only knew how much I would love to get out from behind the desk and do something constructive! I'm in a small room with no windows and obnoxious, buzzing fluorescent lighting 40 hours a week.
    Now that's nice....OK, maybe not.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Martin has a crap load of techs ... us - just takes some personal initiative to test and figure things out. I'm personally planning on playing around with the Fury XT quite a bit this Spring/Summer.
    DP is right, isn't this partly why we have this forum and we are here?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okay...I'll bite

Then send me the cams and stuff to do the research and I'll post the results (honestly) and send back the slower materials...

Post Thanks / Like

Then send me the cams and stuff to do the research and I'll post the results (honestly) and send back the slower materials...
    ABSOLUTELY! Where do I sign up for product testing?!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    ABSOLUTELY! Where do I sign up for product testing?!
    X2 Sign up sheet please?

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Now I dont know...a dealer called today that read this thread and said he noticed approx. 10 fps difference between the cams favoring the larger 2.0 cam. In all of my years here at Martin I have never known the larger cam to be more efficient...both the dealer and I were surprised by his findings.

So...I dont know what to tell you. But I still say the cost is not worth the increased speed.
    Pretty much mirrors what I have found comparing the Hybrix 2.0 and 1.5 cams, except the difference I saw was only 6-8 fps. There was a slightly smaller gap when comparing the Nitro 2.0 to the 1.5, about 4-6 fps.
    An interesting note to this is when I put a set of Hybrix 3.0 cams on an 09 AX that originally came with 2.0 cams, after a good bit of time figuring string specs trying to keep the A-A, brace and DW close to that of the 2.0's, I was able to keep the A-A/brace the same, the DL range went from 27-30 w/ the 2.0's to 27.5-30.5 w/the 3.0's and I lost 1/2 pound on the DW. The DL with the 2.0's always ran just about 1/4" long while with the 3.0's the DL is right on the money. The 3.0 cams give about an extra 2fps, with 1/2 pound less DW and a 1/4" less DL and the transition to the valley is a little smoother. Just my .02's

Advantage Custom Strings