Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 65% letoff on onza 3 experience

Post Thanks / Like

Default 65% letoff on onza 3 experience

anyone get their onza down to 65% or 70% let off and have a valley left....i have my module set half an inch longer and then draw stop moved back to get it back to 28", but there is like zero valley....when I move to get some valley, I en up too long at 28 1/4".

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately that's what I found as well. The lower let off leaves you little to no valley at all. Your best bet is to find a happy medium. I believe I ended up around 76% (if I remember right) and was comfortable with the hold weight and the valley.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

yup, 76% is what I ended up with.....so much for adjustable

Sonny Thomas

I have my mods on my Shadowcat set to what gives me there of 28 1/4", but with the aid of the draw stop. It's below 80% leftoff for sure, but have a bit of a valley that I could still shorten a tad bit more. I don't use the pad used on the limb for the draw stop. This gives a more direct feel, no mush or push back that effects the valley.

I like simple. Any time it seems I try something not by the manual things don't go well.

Too late right now, but tomorrow I'll go to the garage and check my Shadowcat for letoff the way I do it. We had 50 degree weather right before dusk and then the bottom fell out. Winds up high and blowing hard. We thought snow, but it's more ice pellets. Electricity went out for about hour and just before I replied the power came back on. Furnace is running like a wild horse. Whew!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you might have a fun night if the power is already flickerin'. Stay warm

rdhj, if you have a chrono, the best you can do is to play with the settings, see what kind of performace you get with what, and see what feels comfortable for you. To each their own
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

don't have a chrono....just learning about this tuning stuff and seeing if I can get the bow to shoot better for me

Sonny Thomas

Checked my Shadowcat. Just a tad over 55 pounds of draw weight and a bit over 12 pounds for letoff....77%. Deceiving is that valley gives the bow the effect of getting out of the hole like a dragster. Set up as is the Shadowcat cranks 281 fps on last check. For ASA 281 fps and 3% for error is max for me, Super Senior. This is with my 30" stabilizer on, so possibly add 2 fps for 283 fps.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny:

do anymore testing...i actually just bought a 2011 shadowcat and hope to get it ina week or so...want to try to reduce the let off on that too...ended up putting the Onza back the way it came from the factory...have to use my wrist strap release as its too sloppy at 80% let off for the stan thumb release and back tension

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought but have you tried setting up for a good valley (maximum letoff) and just pulling harder into the wall? I know from past experience that the best thing is to have 65% cams or modules such as those offered on the Nitrous cams a few years ago, but that isn't an option right now.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

its not really a pulling harder to get the release off, but more of a problem of the bow holding steady

also, how come they recommend that you not draw the bow without the draw stop when older martin bows had no limb stops
    Last edited by rdhj; 03-08-2013 at 05:22 PM.