'08 Bengal makeover
I've been working on both bows in my sig all weekend. I finally put the finishing touches on them and got them sighted in and shoot great. Thanks go out to Hutch,once again, for two beautiful sets of strings in Flo Orange/Black w black servings/loop. My wife also gets the credit for the tedious work of doing the masking on the Bengal,since I don't have the patience that she has. I still owe her dinner. I was going to go all black on both bows but decided I'd get a bit creative with the Bengal and go w a black/camo color scheme. I took plenty of pics,so hopefully I don't have any problems posting them. pay close attention to the grip. I mentioned in another thread about reshaping it to the size of the saddle back grip. I wanted to do this since I shot the '12 Silencer so well this grip style. Some may call me crazy,and that's ok by me. I was a bit nervous when I broke out the 4.5" angle grinder and flap disc and commenced to shape the grip to my liking. There is still plenty of "meat" left in the grip area so I'm not concerned at all about the integrity of the riser's strength. I've shot it a couple times today to get the strings settled. I've got 25 shots on the Bengal,so far, and nearly 50 shots on the Iron Mace. And,as I expected from Bill's work,ZERO rotation...again. Let me tell ya guys. If you don't have a set of Hutch's strings,you're really doing yourself and your bow a great disservice. The only thing I haven't done yet is find some custom limb graphics. I haven't decide on what route I want to take with the limbs of either bow.
The Iron Mace was stripped to bare metal and shot w a couple coats of self-etching primer,then with two more coats of Rustoleum Truck bed coating. The Bengal got the same treatment with a couple exceptions. I just roughed up the sides of the Bengal riser and the top/bottom of the limbs w 150 grit paper. Then rinsed with warm water and let air dry. I then told my wife what I wanted and she masked of the limbs and riser. It took her a little under an hour. Saturday afternoon I started the painting. Today it was ready for assembly. Both bows are in spec with the new strings without having to twist here and there. Again,as expected,based on the quality of my last three sets from Bill.
enough chattin',I guess. Here's the pics...
'07 HCA Iron Mace
'08 Martin Bengal
'11 Martin Exile