Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFAA Unmarked 3-D Nationals

Post Thanks / Like

Default NFAA Unmarked 3-D Nationals

Is anyone going to the NFAA Unmarked 3-D Nationals in Yankton this year?
    Myself and 2 friends are going to be doing the road trip from So. Ca. for this shoot.
    I will be shooting in the Adult Male Bowhunter class, and my friends will be shooting, one in the Senior Male Bowhunter and one in the Adult Male Longbow class.
    It will be a 22.5 hour drive one way, should be fun.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We'll be rooting for you Don with your pride of cats.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

22 hours in a car and no women on board...the silence will be golden.

Post Thanks / Like

2 weeks form today we head out. I have my entry sent in, can't wait.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/

Sonny Thomas

Yankton, South Dakota. Home of ole Bruce. One of the things the NFAA has always had against it, was Redfield and now Yankton. I guess the rest of the United States doesn't exist. Our IAA (Illinois) eliminated our 3D State Championship. Kinda do and kinda don't miss it. I took 2nd place in Championship Flight and got a $2.85 medal "made in China." In fact, I have two 2nd place medals and a 3rd place medal.

Of Flights. I often get into chats at different clubs and after this 3D we were spreading the whoppers pretty good and this person up and says he got first place at this IAA 3D. I sort of questioned that because I was there. Yep, he did get 1st place...in Flight C. Same medal 1st place got in Championship Flight. I forget the scores, but I shanked him pretty dang good, like by about 40 points and more. So he got the gold finish medal for 370 points and I got the silver finish medal for beating him with a score of over 416 points. So our IAA eliminated our 3D Championship and I eliminated my membership of the NFAA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Yankton, South Dakota. Home of ole Bruce. One of the things the NFAA has always had against it, was Redfield and now Yankton. I guess the rest of the United States doesn't exist. Our IAA (Illinois) eliminated our 3D State Championship. Kinda do and kinda don't miss it. I took 2nd place in Championship Flight and got a $2.85 medal "made in China." In fact, I have two 2nd place medals and a 3rd place medal.

Of Flights. I often get into chats at different clubs and after this 3D we were spreading the whoppers pretty good and this person up and says he got first place at this IAA 3D. I sort of questioned that because I was there. Yep, he did get 1st place...in Flight C. Same medal 1st place got in Championship Flight. I forget the scores, but I shanked him pretty dang good, like by about 40 points and more. So he got the gold finish medal for 370 points and I got the silver finish medal for beating him with a score of over 416 points. So our IAA eliminated our 3D Championship and I eliminated my membership of the NFAA.
    Was'nt that Redding, Calif. that was the location of the NFAA headquaters?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny,
    I know what you mean.
    For this 3-D National shoot, the winners get a belt buckle. For the Field Nationals you get a big bowl on a stand.
    I would drop the NFAA in a heartbeat but to shoot any of the Ca. Championship shoots you have to also be a member of the NFAA. Trying to get them to do anything for us out here in Ca. is a "JOKE",
    ever sence they sold the headquarters here in So. Ca. and moved everything to Yankton. They even railroaded the So.Ca. rep (Tim Atwood) into quitting because he made waves about it.
    Oh well, gotta do what I have to to play thier game i guess.
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look....
    Male Adult Longbow is a coworker that did the roadtrip along with the Male Seinor Bowhunter and myself.
    http://thevegasshoot.com/wp-content/...cialSunday.pdf
    Don.
    Last edited by Don B; 04-23-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The only down side to the shoot was the range layout.
    If any, and I mean any of the ranges out here were set up like the NFAA Headquarters 3-D range was setup it would not pass. I got a 0 on two targets because right when I loosed the arrow someone walked out from behind a tree to shoot thier target and I threw my bow arm down to the left sending my shot into the dirt. No way was I goting to take the chance of missing and hitting someone.
    I talked to a group of shooters that were scoring target one, they were standing next to the target when an arrow came from the right side and drilled thier target between the shoulder blades.
    This was "the most dangerous" range I have ever shot on.
    When you were shooting target #5 the ppl shooting target #6 were less than 20 yards right behind the buck you were shooting at.
    There were no equipment checks before or during the shoot, no range officials on the course anywhere. I could hear ppl walking around talking about distances of the targets. Not good.
    Well enough of my rant, I still had a blast but dout I will shoot this again.
    Don.

Sonny Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Sonny,
    I know what you mean.
    For this 3-D National shoot, the winners get a belt buckle. For the Field Nationals you get a big bowl on a stand.
    I would drop the NFAA in a heartbeat but to shoot any of the Ca. Championship shoots you have to also be a member of the NFAA. Trying to get them to do anything for us out here in Ca. is a "JOKE",
    ever sence they sold the headquarters here in So. Ca. and moved everything to Yankton. They even railroaded the So.Ca. rep (Tim Atwood) into quitting because he made waves about it.
    Oh well, gotta do what I have to to play thier game i guess.
    Don.
    Damn shame is what it is. Bruce got his unlimited Presidency and now more like a Dictatorship.
    And Tim Atwood, probably one of the more level headed ones.

Ginger Moorehead, is she still on staff? I followed her quite a bit when she was on the 3D trail. And then her and her hubby finally settled down and bought a home. Never knew that, for years it was Motorhome on the road.